Using the Main Gun against non armored targets

In the previous CM titles you had a pop up window asking if you want to use the main gun of a tank when targetting "area Fire" or a specific Infantry unit.

I don't find this option in CMSF, I can fire on entranched infantry with my M1 Abrams tanks, but they don't use the main gun.

It's especially anoying when you want to target enemy forces inside a building.

Itai

'Target' orders the tank to use all weapons, 'target light' only machineguns. It should work. One thing to make sure is your Abrams has its gun loaded and it's not broken. During the loading of the gun its name is displayed grayed out while a broken gun has red X instead of green +. Are you despite of these tips not able to area fire with main gun at all?

Against light tank in the open the machinegun should be the preferred choice unless instructed otherwise (or if the threat is really serious, like an ATGM team). Against fortified positions and buildings, HEAT should be the norm without specifically ordering so.

I am currently playing the first campaign mission and I want to target the "Towers" in the desert fortress with my M1 Tanks, no matter what I do they won't fire their main gun on those targets, I made sure that their guns are not damaged and I only use the "target" command.

I will need to check the ammunition left, though I am pretty sure it's not the case since not all of my tanks engaged many targets yet.

Itai