Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

One NEW & Two REVISED Scenarios for v1.08!!!

1 NEW and 2 REVISED Scenarios for v1.08

Scenarios uploaded for your enjoyment:

Over the Cliff

Neighborhood blood feud_v2

Assault on Precinct Thirteen_v2

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

'Over the Cliff' is inspired by an actual event.

On a dark August night in 2004 a 3-2nd Stryker under blackout conditions was negotiating a mountain road by the Syrian border. The driver missed a turn and drove the Stryker straight off a thirty foot cliff! The scenario starts with the unfortunate convoy halted along the mountain road and insurgents in the immediate area alerted to their presence.

The two others are old scenarios that have been thoroughly reworked for the v1.08 patch. They weren't exactly surviving the gameplay changes of the last couple patches. So I've gone back and reworked the AI instructions, fiddled with the maps, and made the battles much more playable in the latest build of the game. For example I cut fifteen minutes off the playtime for 'Neighborhood blood feud' and fixed a problem it was having with reinforcements. I strongly urge you to discard my old scenarios and upload the new versions.

OpeningShot_E.jpg

Neighborhoodv2.jpg

Precinct13_2.jpg

Well, with both of the original old scenarios some troops were no longer able to get LOF over intervening building tops like they used to. So I simply dropped a terrain line or two by a single point. Now able to shoot over the rooftops again. More generally, the tactical AI's smarter than it used to be so I tinkered with the AI instructions a bit to move them into advantageous positions. Less having to work around pecularities of the system, more relying on actual tactics. And thirdly - Neighborhood Blood Feud had been released with wonky reinforcement instructions (Ooops, sorry). I finally managed to find & fixed that problem!

[ April 02, 2008, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

In some missions this seems to be critical but not all.

The missions I tested sure would benefit from some tweaks but don't suffer all that much. There aren't any dramatic changes like when the low wall bug was around or with enhanced LOS.

When a new patch comes along is always good opportunity to update some old scenarios, of course.

In 1.07 some players noticed Hummertime had become easier. George fixed that already.

-

Great Work MikeyD.

I just finished 'Over the Cliff'. The idea is excellent. But i think the scenario is a bit to easy, i got a total victory with no casualties.

After i was in my defense positions i only have to watch how my guys killed the enemy. But maybe it was just luck... :D

No i will play the reworked 'Neighborhood blood feud'. In the old version i got my butt kicked by the AI.