"Done" takes on new meaning...

In a battle between myself and Mark Ezra, he sent my last turn with the first pic of a tank and missle (below). "Neat cut and paste!" I thought. Then I looked at the replay of our latest turn and spotted the secene in the second shot, exactly as the action appeared at "done." Mark was just recording a frozen moment in our game. And "done" certainly summed things up for the tank...

2449529060100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2772808150100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

Originally posted by RuhrRiver:

In a battle between myself and Mark Ezra, he sent my last turn with the first pic of a tank and missle (below). "Neat cut and paste!" I thought. Then I looked at the replay of our latest turn and spotted the secene in the second shot, exactly as the action appeared at "done." Mark was just recording a frozen moment in our game. And "done" certainly summed things up for the tank...

2449529060100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2772808150100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

I wouldn't put it past him to fake the photo AND the game ... you just can't trust him you know. :D

Joe

Originally posted by Kevin Kinscherff:

Is that unintended intel? I mean now you can plan based on the loss of the tank.

Kevin

No... definitely INtended intel...LOL....I'm afraid Max and I don't take the playing of wargames that seriously...especially Chance Encounter. Back in Beta CMBO we played the scenario to death. Made up our own rules to vary the game and Max would send reports in German....Fortunately he did not minor in any Arabic Languages....

Originally posted by zwobot:

No, tracers did not end in mid air in CM1. The best example is artillery: the turn could always last a few seconds longer when there are still shells on the way to its target. The same for tank rounds, handgrenades, infantry small arms fire.

Actually tracers did, arty did not. I have seen on several occasions a tank round in flight at turn end.

Originally posted by thewood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zwobot:

No, tracers did not end in mid air in CM1. The best example is artillery: the turn could always last a few seconds longer when there are still shells on the way to its target. The same for tank rounds, handgrenades, infantry small arms fire.

Actually tracers did, arty did not. I have seen on several occasions a tank round in flight at turn end. </font>