v1.04 news tentative Monday PSA

aka_tom_w

Just in case you missed it:

Madmatt

Administrator

Member # 332

posted September 28, 2007 08:38 PM

Monday is the tenative release date now for the patch. I am going to try and coordinate it so that patches for all three release versions (Battlefront, Paradox and Gamersgate) come out at the same time, or as close as I can make it.

This time there will be 2 types of patches, Incremental and All-Inclusive. An all inclusive patch which will work on ANY previous version of the game and a smaller incremental patch which will require you to have already patched your game up to v1.03.

Actually, in reality there will be 6 patches released because we plan to release the Battlefront, Paradox and Gamersgate patches all at the same time. So thats 2 patches (Incremental or All-Inclusive) for each of the 3 published versions (Battlefront, Paradox or Gamersgate.

By the way, someone asked if the various 3 companies could get all their games up to the same version, not sure what he meant as there are patches out for all versions to put them at the same level and have been for some time....

Madmatt

from here its officially tentative for monday

smile.gif

Good-Night Sweethearts!

Thanks for the info. If Madmatt was refering to me, I was not asking that all games get up to the same level (as they eventauuly will all be at 1.04) but rather that Paradox/Gamer's Gate could have a patch to bring them in line with the BF version so that we do not have to have multiple types of patches.

It would be nice to have 1 patch that will update CMSF no matter who you bought it from. This might not be possible as each might have different security and a patch to bring all games together might negate the security from a particular company.

Why they would have different security is another question.

I would rather BFC delay 1.04 as long as needed and really show a leap forward in fixes and improvements. Also I would rather not do more free beta testing, when I paid for a game that should work properly. So I can wait as long as needed, I mean after all I waited four years for the game.

Last note is I wouldn't take the time to post on forums of 90% of the game companies out there, and one of the reasons I think BFC is getting flak over the early release and patches is we have faith they will come through and make things right . Now with that said, the wargaming programing community does a far better job patching their products than the rest. An excellent example besides BFC is 2by3 Games. Their "War in the Pacific" has been patched almost constantly many times, adding constant improvements in game play.

I think the problem was that BFC was very secretive, slow to release details as the game was developed.

This created unrealistic expectations, even beliefs that the game would be released "finished"

BFC never let it's audience know that the product they were buying was a Beta test, as we all know now, they knew at the release time.