Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A few questions

Here are a few question that I can not find a specific answer to (sorry if I missed them searching the forums).

1)Will there be operations in the game?

2)In multilayer will Syria vs. Syria be playable? I know they said Blue vs. Blue, and it seems logical that there would thus be Red vs. Red, but would like confirmation to be certain.

3)Overall will it still be Combat Missions? Will it still be basically the same as the previous versions? New graphics, new setting, but still the same game? There has been a ton of discussion about whether Syria is or is not a good setting, I am far more concerned how will the new engine treat the game.

-My general comments (everyone else gets to make theirs, I decided to sneak mine into a question thread).

I am always astonished when I come to this forum (a frequent occurrence though I obviously don't post much) to see how people react to this game. To me Combat Mission is the best, most thought provoking multiplayer game I have ever come across. It is just an added bonus that it also happens to strive to be a realistic WWII scenario. To many others it is the opposite it seems (though thanks for the many wonderful WWII articles by the way).

Personally I have very little opinion on the plot line. If by some unfathomable miracle I had been in charge of designing their modern game, I would of tried to realistically model as many modern armies as possible, and not really worrying about why they were fighting (which is why I really look forward to Blue vs. Blue).

I plan to get CM:SF as soon as it is released. I look forward to games against my friends and online opponents very much and hope that it will, and expect it to, live up to the standard set by the series. I do hope though to see more explanation of how this game will play compared to the previous CMs.

So I make a new thread, a first time event I believe, after doing what I thought was a pretty extensive search of posts. Not long after posting I come across the thread which deals with my third question extensively.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000124

And if I may be so bold, I would suggest the above thread be stickied. It was immensly helpful.