I invented a powerful way to protect tanks strongly cheaply an lowtech; implications?

True by now they or mossad will have his name, DoB and location. A quick knock-knock on the door in the name of national security, confiscation of his home computer and paperwork - there they've saved themselves millions of dollars.

If he's lucky they'll only 'suppress' the idea...

Still the bottom line is a patent cannot be obtained upon a mere idea or suggestion. So a prototype need to be made and tested (exactly how you test with ATGMs in the backyard is another question) and eventually shown to somebody in the right places, but if it's not patented then it up for grabs (even if its patented the DoD can grab it if it has military application) so I don't see squillions of dollars being personally made.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If attention is why I am here I would tell everybody what it is instead of being made fun of all day. If I wanted to be insulted disregarded and disrespected I would have made very different claims. I am going to spend many many more hours researching the questions I came here for and would really appreciate some experts pointing me in the right direction.

What direction? As far as I am concerned, you have not even asked a coherent question yet.

'I have an invention to make all ATGMs obsolete. Implications?' is not a question any of us are willing to approach seriously based on your lack of credentials or communication skills.

Stop this mental mastubation that you have some great moral dilemma. If you are such a patriot, call Raytheon or General Dynamics and see if you can talk to someone there. If your brilliant idea makes sense to them, they will implement it. If it doesn't, they will hang up on you.

WTF do you want from us? This is a game forum, and I strongly suspect you are a moron.

You are a dumb ass and maybe havent read what I have said. I cant take it to them and it doesnt make atgms obsolete. It makes many of them substantially less effective. I know some people here know a **** load about the ballance of powers and I thought they might give me a list of countries that are protecting substantial resources with a defense based mainly on ATGMs. A list of countries that have serious hatreds between neighbooring countries where one country has plenty tanks and the other country relies on ATGMs to protect themselves. I have the impression that when the winner of a war has lots of tanks there are probably fewer deaths than otherwise because tanks are so asymmetric and because tanks are precision direct fire weapons as opposed to indirect fire, so they seem like they would reduce collateral damage. How much is this true.

quote "WTF do you want from us?" As I stated earlier I want lame asses like you who are not talking about my topic off my topic. I didnt ask for the forums help, I asked for some experts from the forum to offer me help. read asshole.

For the record, I'm from the Bay Area. And i would consider myself to be someone more or less familiar with modern warfare, weapons systems, and consequent political over-lapping.

more or less.

for the record.

edit: as to extremely limitedly answer your question about geopolitical consequence of essentially defeating ATGMs, there are a few hotspots around the globe where nations amass a variety of forces for many different reasons--all of which are indeed grudges.

India/Pakistan

China/taiwan

South Korea/North Korea

we all know the big ones, but the only place where i can *imagine* that a discovery of such proportions as these allegedly are would have a significant impact would be in Israel, against militants who can't afford tanks or other forms of KE tank defenses, and rely heavily on shaped charge/ATGM/CE/missile defenses.

Actually, any assymetrical environment would do, even Iraq or Afghanistan, any fighting ground that hosts a force that is developed and organized enough to have these defenses, but not a national army or otherwise top-of-the-line equipped organization with other, more technologically advanced means with which to knock out most armor.

Of course, this is all at a glance, I must admit this is an interesting exercise, to say the least.

[ December 30, 2007, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Homo ferricus ]

Originally posted by cool breeze:

If attention is why I am here I would tell everybody what it is instead of being made fun of all day. If I wanted to be insulted disregarded and disrespected I would have made very different claims. I am going to spend many many more hours researching the questions I came here for and would really appreciate some experts pointing me in the right direction.

Just follow the nearest blue "Hospital" sign to it's destination. Many, many experts to help you there.

Originally posted by cool breeze:

As I stated earlier I want lame asses like you who are not talking about my topic off my topic. I didnt ask for the forums help, I asked for some experts from the forum to offer me help. read asshole.

I have religiously read these forums for the past 6 months. I managed to bite my tongue and stay out of all the 1.05 flaming wars. But you....you are just too good to pass up. I mean, look at what you are saying!

If the internet is where you feel you must turn, try doing a little research first. You have Janes, GlobalSecurity and I'm sure a slew of other sites that could offer evaluations of geopolitical hot spots and the constitutions of the military forces that are arrayed in those arenas. But where have you turned? You came to a game forum. For the love of all that is good in this world, do you really expect anyone to take you seriously after that decision?

Personally, I'd recommend going to your school's engineering department and getting a few contacts from the faculty. I have often found that professors sit square in the middle of some fairly effective networks. So, if you have a genuinely innovative idea, they would be more than happy to arrange some meetings with the right people.

However, judging by your communication skills, it appears to me that you are not going to an institution of higher learning. That you really need to worry less about finding a way to stop ATGMs and should start worrying more about finding a way out of your Parent's basement.

Hell-yeah. I've made NLAW obsolent on my freetime. I've revealed seriour weakpoints in TOW-2B (making it obsolent). I've created tactics and, how do you say it, combatdrills to make Arena and Sthora obsolent. Trophy just makes me grin, it's lamb which is already dead before it borns. I saw it immediatly from PR-video in YouTube.

Basically i can bring back WW2-era. Permanently or atleast as long as i live. All i need to do is to make few phonecalls... Would someone give me paper and pencil?

OK, let me see if I got it right (and bear with me as I'm a bit of a thickie):

cool breeze: I has great idea that will make ATGM useless. Who do I talk to? I is 21 and has thinking over this long time.

forum: what is your idea?

cool breeze: is secret!

(apologies to cool breeze for my poor representation of his grammar, making him sound like a cross between Yoda and a Vietnamese prostitute. In no way do I wish to imply that he is a prostitute, nor a Jedi Master).

Anyhew, at this point the thread essentially disintegrates into various ways of making fun at cool breeze's expense. Mr. breeze, on the other hand, seem oblivious to the fact that his rather silly posts (see above) pretty much leaves ridicule as the only sane response.

Am I getting this right?

Help you? How to help schizophrenic People? You are really deep in that. Get some other Medicine and maybe those Mothers Little Helper will also help you?

Im serious. Get some proffesional help or you will End one Day like Brain from the Pinky&Brain TV Show.