Playing over the Internet via DSL

Hi guys,

I'm new to this aspect of gaming and not a techno guy. :confused: Please help me as the manual is not too clear. I am trying to figure out how to configure my Windows XP system so that "the TCP Port 7023" is open per the manual at p. 168. I know how to find my IP address. Any other steps to hosting an internet game with someone else who also has DSL? THANKS FOR THE HELP. :D

Jim Lee

Unless you have the 'Windows XP Firewall' enabled (and it's usually recommended to skip enabling it) there is no setting generic to Windows XP that 'opens up TCP Port 7023'. It's open already.

However if you're using a firewall program (such as ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security, etc.) or your router (if you have one hooked up to your computer and DSL Modem) has one built-in, then you'll need to check the documentation for those programs or hardware in order to open that port (or just 'make the Internet available' to CM, depending on how the firewall software controls access).

• 2 weeks later...