CAUTION, Will have screenshots - Scenario Design

Ah, thats excellent. You can make a whole complex with corridors and interconnected rooms, like a deserted hospital, or airport facilities. Awesome. Can you save a custom building like that for use in different scenarios? Or even copy/paste whole portions of a map? With a little fine tuning, you could make a whole city block without sweating this way.

[ July 10, 2007, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this is not Excel. I think you should know that Charles lamented how the editor was like developing a whole game itself, with features just waiting for the right moment to creep in. So keep in mind, the CM:SF is not just an editor, it's also a wargame. ;)

Looks like you could still save, like in CMx1, a key portion of the map, say a city center for instance with intrict warrens of alleys, roads and etc., and expand the map out by "nudging" out the appropriate borders E,W,N, or S as needed to create a sense of continuity between maps. Saving the expanded portions using different names, CITY_NW_SECTION, and so on. ...ISTR I made a huge map of Bordeaux like that.

Is the maximum stories of a building in the game 6 0r 8?

Is it possible to create factory buildings? If so can you make one that is 4x4km2 big?

Are their lifts as well as stairs inthe game?

Can you have damaged buildings at rhe start of the game?

So many qustions, so little time.

[ July 11, 2007, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]

Section 1 Orientation – covers what is in the scenario editor and a brief outline of what it does. (PDF)

Section 2 Creating the Map – using the map editor and creating the map your pixel soldiers will fight on. (PDF)

Section 3 Purchasing and deploying Units – how to purchase, edit and deploy on the map your combat teams. (PDF)

Section 4 Setting the mission and objectives – how to set what are the victory conditions for your scenario. (PDF)

Section 5 Creating AI Plans – how to create a cunning and variable plan for the AI commander to follow.

Section 6 Finishing Touches – creating tactical maps, inserting the mission orders for each side and general tidying the scenario up sort of stuff.

by George McEwan and Mark Gibson (ta Mace)

[ July 13, 2007, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Wicky,

Can you confirm you are using "draft 4"?

If yes I can mirror for you, if not I'll talk to Goerge about the latest version.

I have to enjoy the irony that .Mac is helping with this currently Windoze only product. ;)

[ July 12, 2007, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

Originally posted by SGT_56M:

"So many qustions, so little time."

Buy the game and you can spend the rest of your life finding all the answers. ;)

I can't wait. Please let me know the answears. I won't be able to sleep at night. :eek: smile.gif

Is it just me or does this say that the Syrians are getting some artillery?

They are able to purchase a Forward Observer Section, as well as having an Artillery tab on the bottom left.

Also, what is the something something Battery listed at the end of the Syrian units? Can't make that out.

But anyway I had thought it was said they were not receiving any off map support and suchlike. I suppose it could just be some mortars, not sure what the word on those was.