CAUTION, Will have screenshots - Scenario Design

Combat Mission: Strike Force

A Guide To Using The Scenario Editor

Introduction

This manual will in a series of easy to follow steps take you, the designer, through the process in creating a custom built scenario for CMSF.

Our custom built scenario will be set in a large built-up fictional city landscape.

In this scenario a US Stryker platoon (commanded by a human player), operating on Intel gathered from a variety of sources has been tipped off that a Syrian ‘Irregular’ unit (commanded by the AI), will be advancing to recapture a Mosque in the US held western part of the town. The US commander has set-up a classic ‘L’ shaped ambush, which it is hoped the advancing enemy unit will walk into.

In the process of building this scenario you will find out how to build a 3D map, create set-up zones, purchase and deploy combat units, assign unit objectives, and create a series of AI plans that the AI can use to structure it’s attack.

The manual is in four sections.

Section 1 Orientation – covers what is in the scenario editor and a brief outline of what it does.

Section 2 Creating the Map – using the map editor and creating the map your pixel soldiers will fight on.

Section 3 Purchasing and deploying Units – how to purchase, edit and deploy on the map your combat teams.

Section 4 Setting the mission and objectives – how to set what are the victory conditions for your scenario.

Section 5 Creating AI Plans – how to create a cunning and variable plan for the AI commander to follow.

Section 6 Finishing Touches – creating tactical maps, inserting the mission orders for each side and general tidying the scenario up sort of stuff.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, first section will be posted, but have to wait till Matt gets up, trying to come up with the best way to do screenshots. Tons of them in the next few sections. ang in there, sometime today. n

George made this at my request to help other scenario designers during hte beta process. I think he did a hell of a job. Kudos go to him and Mace and others for helping him edit the doc.

Rune

I haven't been able to reach the mad one while home. I tried google documents, but it is too big.

Anyone have a way to view word documents or pdfs online? I tried google documents but the file with screenshots is WAY too big.

Rune