Marines call in a Maverick west of Mosul (video)

Abbott

Posted for those of you who may be interested and have not seen this video clip.

Warning it is a real firefight (violence).

Description:

"The video was filmed by some Air Force Joint Tactical Air Controllers (JTAC) in Tal Afar, west of Mosul. They were with some Marine ASTs (Advisor Support Team)and are attached to Iraqi units and help train their forces on a day-to-day basis. They were in a fairly sustained firefight in the streets of Tal Afar with about 3 Anti-Iraqi Forces (AIF) and got clearance to fire a Maverick Missile. You can hear it come in and see it strike the vehicle the AIF were using for cover".

Maverick strike

Originally posted by Abbott:

You can hear it come in and see it strike the vehicle the AIF were using for cover".

The U.S. has attacked the Australian Imperial Force!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ithink those anti-iraqi guys need a new name/acronym. ;)

edit- Just watched the video, that's what I call precision bombing.

[ October 16, 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

So, can we post links to videos of US personell/vehicles being blasted to pieces by IEDs etc?

I mean, it would show how a Stryker would hold up vs a IED for example, or a Black Hawk vs a AA rocket. But I guess it would upset many of you. Conversly, perhaps ANY videos of battles in Iraq/Afgan would be upsetting and should not be posted here?