Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Action Replay problem

witless

The PLAY button on the Action Replay capability isn't working on my system. Clicking it causes the counter (and video file) to jump immediately to :60 In other words, the Action Replay video won't play properly.

The FORWARD button (and the shift 2sec advance both work properly), as do the BACK and START buttons.

I'm stuck viewing the Action Replay using the :02 shift-FOWARD method. Not what I would prefer.

My system is a PIII 650, 256ram, with a Dianmond Stealth III S540 (32MB) video card. Any ideas on what is going on?

Do you get the initial playback after pressing the "Go" button (I assume so) ? Are you at any particular view level (1,3,4, etc.) ?

Do you have any programs or utilities running in the background ? I'm not sure what would cause your problem. I'd assume that the playback code (for display of the current turn) is sitting in memory and not written to disk (which would preclude disk/file issues). You may want to shutdown some performance utilities if you have them running.

Though I'd doubt that it would affect your particular problem; these are the latest applicable drivers I could find. I suggest making sure that you have an installable copy of your current drivers before applying any of the following.

Diamond Stealth III S540 Drivers (v. 8.20.16, dated 5/02/00):

http://www.diamondmm.com/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Graphics&item=drivers&product=Stealth_III_S540

For some slightly newer drivers. The Diamond Stealth III S540 is based on the S3 Savage 4 chip.

VoodooExtreme (S3 section, Performance ICD v. 1.00.13 or standard Win9x/ME v. 8.20.27):

http://www.voodooextreme.com/hw/Binaries/drivers.html

Beyond this I'd suggest deleting your CM prefs file and trying another resolution (lower). If that doesn't work then I'd suggest reinstalling the latest 1.05 patch (which is the whole executable).

Thanks for the quick response. I'm already running CM1.05 and DirectX7.0 (I should have said this earlier). ALso don't have anything unusual running in the backround, just the minimu Windows stuff. Thanks for the driver link. I'll work my way down your suggestions and let you know if anything works. Thanks for the assistance.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Do you get the initial playback after pressing the "Go" button (I assume so) ? Are you at any particular view level (1,3,4, etc.) ?

Do you have any programs or utilities running in the background ? I'm not sure what would cause your problem. I'd assume that the playback code (for display of the current turn) is sitting in memory and not written to disk (which would preclude disk/file issues). You may want to shutdown some performance utilities if you have them running.

Though I'd doubt that it would affect your particular problem; these are the latest applicable drivers I could find. I suggest making sure that you have an installable copy of your current drivers before applying any of the following.

Diamond Stealth III S540 Drivers (v. 8.20.16, dated 5/02/00):

http://www.diamondmm.com/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Graphics&ite m=drivers&product=Stealth_III_S540

For some slightly newer drivers. The Diamond Stealth III S540 is based on the S3 Savage 4 chip.

VoodooExtreme (S3 section, Performance ICD v. 1.00.13 or standard Win9x/ME v. 8.20.27):

http://www.voodooextreme.com/hw/Binaries/drivers.html

Beyond this I'd suggest deleting your CM prefs file and trying another resolution (lower). If that doesn't work then I'd suggest reinstalling the latest 1.05 patch (which is the whole executable).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>