"High Value Target" any tips?

dima

I get slaughtered every time :(

****Spoiler****

Walls don't seem to protect or block LOS, RPG's take out my BMP's if I try to reach the main gate. If I do reach walls and dismount my squads next to them they also get slaughtered.

Any hints would be appreciated smile.gif

I'm trying to remember this one...

IIRC, I dismounted the troops and brought them and the vehicles forward on the hill *just* enough to start pounding the furthest buildings. I edge forward turn-by-turn taking out the buildings until just a few turns remain.

I raced one vehicle down the road and turned 180* to cover the advancing troops. I then quickly moved the troops to the main entrance of the town, and then hunted forward into the town, gunning down stragglers from time to time.

I used the Elite setting.

Originally posted by Sitting Duck:

I'm trying to remember this one...

IIRC, I dismounted the troops and brought them and the vehicles forward on the hill *just* enough to start pounding the furthest buildings. I edge forward turn-by-turn taking out the buildings until just a few turns remain.

I raced one vehicle down the road and turned 180* to cover the advancing troops. I then quickly moved the troops to the main entrance of the town, and then hunted forward into the town, gunning down stragglers from time to time.

I used the Elite setting.

All this in 10 minutes?

Yup. The vehicles can take out the buildings very quickly and you have a lot of them (6 or so, right?). This goes back a bit, but I think the game can actually go beyond the alloted time.

Ease your troops along the left hill along the road - but be careful about exposing them too close to the town or they'll be cut to ribbons. Place a couple of vehicles to the left of the road and bring them forward over a couple of turns.

Pound the buildings to rubble.

Think special forces style and do what they would do...

I just kept my hummers in a depression on top of the hill out of sight and moved my sf guys on the hill to where they could see the town. Make sure to make them hide so they don't open fire and give away their positions.

Then simply bombard the tar out of the meeting place and other critical intersections where the enemy tends to congregate. You have more than enough power to obliterate just about everything.

Once you feel safe, mount the hummers and haul butt to the extraction zone.