Does this mean the game has gone gold?

Yes, BF will work on the code till the 26th of July, by the evening it will have gone gold. Come morning they will have reproduced more then enough copies of SF with a pretty printed manual and nice little box for it to fit into. Early morning of the 27th SF will be shipped throughout North America and the UK. Come mid afternoon of the 27th, by the grace of god you should have your copy. ;)

Maybe it will be like a tooth fairy thing, and you wake up in the middle of the night to have it delivered under your pillow. Except it will be MadMatt and he'll whack your kidneys with a towel filled with frozen oranges till they bleed if you ask any questions.

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Itael:

Sorry if it's silly, but the fact that the game is so close by, did the team declared that the game has gone gold? or they will work on the code untuil the 26th of July?

Will the game be available in stores on the 27th?

That's not a silly series of questions really.

Here's my totally speculated opinion, which is worth what you pay for it.

Judging by the still-beta state of the game and the recent ToW release, the game is still being worked on, and will be worked on until close to the release date.

I think hard copies will not ship until after the release date, therefore GOLD status will not be much before the release date.

The review version from Paradox has already gone out (I got mine yesterday) and it's the same version they are putting on CD. However, Battlefront is still working on improvements up to the release date, so there will be a day zero patch for the Paradox CD version and downloads will be the updated, current version.

Most games are in a "finished" state about a month before release, to give time to press CDs, manufacture manuals, and distribute them to stores to be available on the release date. Paradox has always given me a final review copy of their games 3-4 weeks before release, and most other publishers operate the same way.

Originally posted by JaguarUSF:

The review version from Paradox has already gone out (I got mine yesterday) and it's the same version they are putting on CD. However, Battlefront is still working on improvements up to the release date, so there will be a day zero patch for the Paradox CD version and downloads will be the updated, current version.

Most games are in a "finished" state about a month before release, to give time to press CDs, manufacture manuals, and distribute them to stores to be available on the release date. Paradox has always given me a final review copy of their games 3-4 weeks before release, and most other publishers operate the same way.

That being said, the original question was whether or not the game will be in stores on the 27th of July. By stores I assume he means retail outlets such as EB and Best Buy ect. Sorry for the sarcasim earlier, but even if the hard copy were to be magically released on the 27th, I am under the assumption BFC does not ship any of their products to retail stores at all.