I can't understand nothing.

"I need some uber-tigers to deal with those Abrams! Ability to play WW2 with Syrian maps would also be nice."

We tend to forget that the 100m gun in the poor static T54B in CMSF is a more powerful weapon than CMBB's KT 88 - until some Syrian conscript crew holes us with one shot from 1200m! :eek: :rolleyes:

There's a chance that CM:ETO (or whatever its going to be) will be as different from the current CMSF as CMBO 1.0 is to CMAK.

I agree with so many of the comments here. Some very well written post. I think anybody who comes down on the developers, or says they absolutely hate this game is crazy! Most are focusing too much on the negative. Sure it’s not the CMx1 we have all come to enjoy, but the new game is not bad, just needs some more working out. All I know is from what I have played in the demo. I may get the game when some patching is done. There are many things I miss too from CMAK, and I am sure the developers will include what they can. I think the game engine has much potential in that they have given the best of both worlds combining RT/WEGO options. I enjoy playing both styles since they offer different experiences.

I do not see any problems with the graphics. They are great! Perhaps some refinements, but not a priority. The focus should be more improvement in including the features we loved from CMx1 in CMSF, and in improving the UI. I agree most of us would not have minded a version of this game if it were basically CMAK with the new graphics. That would have been the safest route to take from a business standpoint. You have something that works, you stick with it and refine. The big question is, does the new engine have the capabilities to incorporate the features we miss from CMx1 and how well would the old UI work with real time game play? I have played Sudden Strike for a few years on a league and I am not sure that right click pop up menus would be practical for real time play. Aside from that the old UI along with the new improved camera control would probably work fine. Wouldn’t know unless I tried it. If it would not, then you must go in a different direction if you want the best of both worlds RT/WEGO in a single package. Perhaps a reason for why CMSF had to change to what it is.

Ok, that is the version that was not made. Let's see how we can improve the current game. Its biggest complaints have been in missed features and the current UI. Both of which I am sure can be fixed depending on the current engines capabilities.