Bug: Save Game Loading Time Loss

I posted this bug in the tech support section a little while ago, but noone has responded. Since I see it as a serious bug I wanted to post it here for people to become aware of it.

-----------------------------------------

Ok, think I found a new bug, didnt see it when I searched.

NOTE - I guess it might in some wierd way be an unsaid, really anoying game feature, not sure...

How I found it and recreating -

I have gotten into the habit of naming my saved campaign games after a scenario descriptor word and then the current in game time. An example for the second mission in the SF campaign. If the in game remaining time was [1:05:30] then I would name my save file for that point as "Airbase 1 05 30" or something like that.

To recreate the bug (playing on Elite)

1)start a game and let a few seconds pass

2)pause the game

3)note the current game time remaining

4)save your game

5)exit your current game to the main menu

6)load the save game file you just created

7)compare what your game-time is now and your previously noted game-time for that save game

What the bug does

If you follow the steps above to recreate the bug, you will loose 1 minute off of your previously noted game time remaining. So in my previous example, game-time would now be 1:04:30 instead of 1:05:30 at the time of save.

This can get really annoying if you have to reload your game often, you find that your time starts to run out really fast. I hope this isnt a game feature, its annoying.