What programs do you use to manipulate screenshots?

CrapGame

Michlos,

Thanks for the reply. Photoshop doesn't have a shareware version does it? I'm not really an artist, and wouldn't really have the use for some thing that powerful. Is there any shareware programs? I used to use a shareware or demo version of something called Lview, but I can't find that anymore.

------------------

CrapGame

I generally capture the screens with HyperSnap. It's an excellent screen capture program. It's shareware and the unregistered version will place a little "captured with HyperSnap" type ad line on the bottom of each shot, but then it isn't all that expensive should you decide to register it.

Besides capturing the screens, HyperSnap will let you save the resulting captures as practically any type of image file.

I havent tried with CM, but I have done hundreds from flight sims. Generally pasting into paint, saving image and editing in Macromedia Fireworks 3. The demo lasts only 30 days, but its only about a 12 meg d/l....unlike the the Photoshop demo (96 meg???)

http://www.furballmag.com/awrc.asp is one of my sites where I edit alot of screen captures. If you desire to go this route, drop me a line and I'll guide you through it.

------------------

-gp

On a Mac, the best utility for converting graphics is GraphicConverter, a wonderful shareware program. It's a halfway good editor, but it's really good for converting batches of files. Lets say you have 20 bmps or jpegs that you want saved as gifs. Normally, you would have to open up each one, and save it as a gif. With GraphicConverter, you can convert the whole batch at one step.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska