"open up" and tacAI!?

ok at first i know in CMx1 the tacAI of the turret commander was sometimes not perfect when decideing when to open up, but however they nearly allways prevented further damage by buttoning when contact is made.

but with the leatality of the NEXT years battlefield ;) i wouldnt belive that my TC still unbuttoned AFTER contact is made.

i asumed that they do that by themselfs but no. contact, enemy tacAI wasts HE too and 20 sekonds later we have 3 dead TC´s and the whole platoons tanks still in tact becouse they dont button by themselfs!? what fearless but stupid people.

i suggest that someting like in CMx1 comes in place where "open up" is, meybe, not default as it was, but at least they have to go back inside when they see an enemy wich is a TANK or has a maingun generally(similar the "hunt" routine; stay opened until you see an enemy wich has a maingun or is closer than 1XX meters, than button until manually told to open again). when spotting inf far aways its ok that they stay outside and use the AA MG...

any positive or negative thoughts about that!? did noone else played some good tank battles till now and noticed that!?

I had a T-72 pull up about 20 meters in front of a hostile BMP-2. They were facing each other head on. Easy kill for the T-72, right? Well, the tank commander decided to open the hatch and start shooting the 12.7 at the BMP. Promptly got his head blown off by the BMP.

Moral of the story: TacAI needs work.