Syrope Mod (updated to 1.1)

For anyone who missed it, I've already released v1.0 of my Syropean Terrain mod. It's available at CMMods.

Alternative download from MediaFire:

(split into two .rar files)

Part 1

Part 2

Terrain_Preview.jpg

Any comments and suggestions for improvement appreciated.

EDIT:

I have uploaded an updated version 1.1 and also added an upgrade to the existing 1.0 with the missing textures for better/best graphic settings.

[ June 24, 2008, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: birdstrike ]

Birdstrike… hi,

Great mod but I seem to be having a problems with it.. probably my fault as I certainly do not know what I am doing.. ;)

You will see from the screenshots that the underlying dirt/grass is not the new darker colour on my map. When I look in the ground dirt folder within the Z folder the bmp is of dark green dirt as used in the surrounding background/off map dirt.

CMShockForceDebug2008-06-2209-32-09.jpg

CMShockForceDebug2008-06-2209-31-57.jpg

Am I doing something wrong… smile.gif .

Great mod…

All the best,

Kip.

it look strongly like you use "better" or "best" texture quality settings. for some strange reason you have to have it on "improoved" or below to see it work.

strange but i dont know why, however i normaly use "improoved" so i didnt noticed it at the start but i tired "better" once and saw that it doesnt look as it should.

Yes, it's definitely the graphics settings.

To keep the filesize small, I left out a couple of textures which didn't seem to have any effect on the ingame graphics - I wasn't realizing the textures would be used on higher graphic settings.

I will try to put up an update ASAP.

For now I can only suggest using the "improved settings".

Sorry for that. redface.gif

Wow, it looks really good. But you weren't joking about the file being huge. I'm trying to download it at work as I find uploading/downloading files from CMMODS a very lengthy process. I'm currently getting 2.80KB/sec which means about another 16 hours!!! And it's getting gradually slower as the minutes creep by. Is this the same for all you guys?

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

Wow, it looks really good. But you weren't joking about the file being huge. I'm trying to download it at work as I find uploading/downloading files from CMMODS a very lengthy process. I'm currently getting 2.80KB/sec which means about another 16 hours!!! And it's getting gradually slower as the minutes creep by. Is this the same for all you guys?

I haven't really had problems downloading from cmmod. Usually pretty quick. :confused: