Military service poll

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Canadian Army Reserve, 1987 to present. Not one Iraqi tank made it past MacLeod Trail here in Calgary during Gulf War I.

You're welcome.

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00018408

But if THAT is what a "combat veteran" brings to this forum, I'll stick with talking to civvies, thank you very much. Seeing the elephant doesn't necessarily make you smarter than anyone else.

That guy's posts certainly had a "familiar" construction to them. I think Seanachai picked up on that as well, and maybe that was the reason he so quickly zeroed in on him.

The anonymity of a web forum allows people to "be" anything or anyone they choose at the time. Usually phonies are exposed by the ranking members straight away, sometimes they last longer if they are really good liars. Anyway, tolerence of crap posted by new members has reached a new low threshold on this forum, at least I see it that way. I'm glad that guy was thrashed straight off, who needs that anyway.

USMC 1965-1969 Combat Engineer (1371)

Dominican Republic 1965, Vietnam 1966-67.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South African paratrooper, 44 Parachute Brigade 1987-1989. Angola was our Vietnam in many ways.

Talking about being anyone/anything on the web, there is a persistent rumour going around that I'm related to the actress ~ize Theron, or that I know something about wine. Lies, all damned lies.

Charl Theron

logo.gif

---------------

CMX2 progresses nicely. All my coding errors caused by drunkenness will of course be entirely your fault, so I hope you can live with yourself. – Charles Moylan, 1 Oct05

[ October 05, 2005, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

"Rome: Total Reality" is an excellent mod! What grass do you use then?

Wifey's big into re-incarnation. Come to think of it, so is most of the Pengers.

EDIT 'cause they don't like smileys, wink-eyes or the Forest Gump look-a-like "razz" icon.

[ October 05, 2005, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Zmoney said:

I was in the US army from 5/01-5/05. I served proudly in the 2/75 Ranger Regiment

That's cool Z I was in 2nd bat myself, although doubtless years before your time.

ME? US Army, 2/75th Rangers, 1-325 PIR (82nd ABN) and 2/7th SFG ODA 752. I served as a 13F (forward observer) and as 18E (SF commo guy).

jw

[ October 05, 2005, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

22 years in Legio X (Gemina) 60 BC to 38 BC. Attained the dizzy height of Princeps Prior running centuria III out of cohort V. Wouldn't have missed it for the world but ... never again.

Our old motto

'Sursum propinquus quod alio.'

really says it all.

Join up, they said. See the world, they said....

I was a very grumpy Canadian Reserves Radio Technician - the only fighting I did was with my CO or occasionally the grunts & rad ops who found really ingenious ways of buggering up their sets. ("I rested it against the Grizzly - how was I supposed to know it was going to drive over it?" "I dropped it... off a 15 foot cliff." "While setting up base camp I buried it in the snow and lost it for three days... when I found it I tried thawing it out with the coleman stove...")

idjits!

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I was a very grumpy Canadian Reserves Radio Technician - the only fighting I did was with my CO or occasionally the grunts & rad ops who found really ingenious ways of buggering up their sets. ("I rested it against the Grizzly - how was I supposed to know it was going to drive over it?" "I dropped it... off a 15 foot cliff." "While setting up base camp I buried it in the snow and lost it for three days... when I found it I tried thawing it out with the coleman stove...")

idjits!

Be glad you weren't a Veh Tech or MSE Op - our unit treats vehicles even worse....

Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

smile.gif This is almost as good as fishing. No actually in some ways it's better, fish don't always bite but Grog Dorosh ...

Bite? Hell, any poster brave enough to profess to a raging crush on me, the way you have, is worth at the very least the 10 seconds of my time it takes to post a response. But once again, you've got the modus operandi all wrong. I hope you're not this daft with girls; instant responses will just get you a "reputation" for being easy. I may need to rethink everything I said about you way back...well, almost 45 minutes ago now.

Anyway, not that I hate the attention, but if you can't bring yourself to hate me with the white hot impassioned incredulity I think I deserve, could you at least muster up enough dislike to at least freaking spellcheck your insults? I have a reputation, too, you know. Usually it's only the halfwits who get "anoyed" (sic) by my existence. You need to prove you're better than them! For MY sake.

I was draft age back during the Vietnam war. I had a low draft number and... they ended the draft just before they got to me! Whew! Thanks to that I can happily state that I have NOT been dead for the past 35 years, unlike some less fortunate relatives and classmates of mine.