Immersion and gaming

c3k

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Or is it unprofessional for me to have my own opinions?

Never said that. Rather, it's the manner in which you respond (you clearly take it too personally) and the fact that you seem to obsessively respond to each and every post...again in that personal manner. Shrugs. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how that contributes to you being a productive member of the BFC team when you have to delve into all of this personal stuff on an hourly basis every day. Seems to me a better use of time would be to focus on company/game related issues. If responding to forum posts is such a hassle why not just close down the board?

So what is your response to my post here? You flamed me on another board.

Heh, if that's considered a flame, you need thicker nomex. ;) Clearly you're taking all of this too personally. Relax and have a homebrew. :cool:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Huntarr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I was not aware that the keys were user definable, but i stand by my statement that there is no good reason to have made the hot keys different in the first place.

Different from what? Anything you the user could possible want? They are user definable. The default doesn't matter. </font>

It might be helpful to have a sticky in this forum with a list of changes from the readmes of all the patches. Or maybe just a list of new changes in functionality not covered in manual - like the hotkeys.txt. Just a thought.

Or they could just read the readmes!

Well the Release is the top sticky and it lists the latest changes / updates, so its already there.

Indeed you have to scroll past the "Combat Mission Shock Force v1.08 Patch Notes" in bold no less, to get to the download link.

Not BTS / BFC's fault if people are too brain dead to read it, scroll straight past to the download link and then whinge.

You even get the choice in the installer to read it as part of the install process. Do people want BFC / BTS to play the game for them too?

Originally posted by gibsonm:

I think it was "requested" by someone as opposed to "promised" by BTS / BFC, but I may have that wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was something Steve mentioned was on the list, but you'd have to search through an awful lot of posts to find it.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

I think it was "requested" by someone as opposed to "promised" by BTS / BFC, but I may have that wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was something Steve mentioned was on the list, but you'd have to search through an awful lot of posts to find it. </font>

Originally posted by Other Means:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

I'm pretty sure it was something Steve mentioned was on the list, but you'd have to search through an awful lot of posts to find it. </font>

You edit the hotkeys.txt file.

As I recall an in-game screen was promised a while ago. It's one of those simple fixes that would be worth much more than the time expended on it. </font>

So more important than Arty or Mortar smoke?

More important than coding for the USMC module?

Sure, if as you say "its on the list" it might be above other things, but I'm guessing its not in the top 10 or maybe even the top 100.

Originally posted by Huntarr:

As I recall an in-game screen was promised a while ago. It's one of those simple fixes that would be worth much more than the time expended on it. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Huntarr:

Hey Gang!

I've been a long time lurker on this wonderful forum and have recently felt compelled to join this wonderful community.

Now for the bad gang; upon reading this thread and many like it in times past I can't help but notice a constant.

What is that constant you inquire? Well gang, that constant would be the consistent stream of negativity spewed forth by Mr.Dorosh at other members here including our gracious host.

Not only is what he posts here extremely distasteful and mean spirited but also a bit off putting to other lurkers who may want to be a part of an over all wonderful online community that has flourished here over the years.

Were it not for the fact that I were so polite, I might be tempted to post that Mr.Dorosh fits the profile of your typical repugnant boor. Thankfully I'm above that and my manners remain safely intact.

The patience that Steve has shown I find to be extraordinary and I commend him.

There are some other posters as well here and in other threads who have been customarily belligerent to our host and to others as well.

Let's not let that get us down gang! What we have here is an otherwise great community teaming with ideas and good will. The bad apples will not spoil the bunch as our host is aware of them.

Best wishes and Happy gamming gang!

[ April 03, 2008, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Polite Poster ]

Originally posted by Polite Poster:

Hey Gang!

I've been a long time lurker on this wonderful forum and have recently felt compelled to join this wonderful community.

Now for the bad gang; upon reading this thread and many like it in times past I can't help but notice a constant.

... snip ...

Let's not let that get us down gang! What we have here is an otherwise great community teaming with ideas and good will. The bad apples will not spoil the bunch as our host is aware of them.

Best wishes and Happy gamming gang!

Have you posted here under another name? Your writing style is awfully familiar...

Edited to add: Seems like I'm not the only one...

Dorosh should start selling t-shirts.

He can't even conduct himself like a civilized human being on e-bay from what I've previously read in a thread on the general forum, so I am going to have to politely disagree with you on that one gang.

Originally posted by Polite Poster:

Dorosh should start selling t-shirts.

He can't even conduct himself like a civilized human being on e-bay from what I've previously read in a thread on the general forum, so I am going to have to politely disagree with you on that one gang. </font>