new voodoo 5 driver with curser bug for macintosh

Freak

I just downloaded new 3dfx drivers for the voodoo 5 for macintosh. I started up a game of CM and immediatly found that I am not able to see my curser when my mouse is over the lower portion of the info and VCR buttons and such. Its the lower portion of the screen. Also I cannot see the mouse curser in the unit description screen as well.

Bugs that were fixed were the escape key now works; you can now escape the game and return to it without a blank white screen. The AAR map now works which is nice.

I don't know of any other fixes or any that I noticed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freak:

I just downloaded new 3dfx drivers for the voodoo 5 for macintosh. I started up a game of CM and immediatly found that I am not able to see my curser when my mouse is over the lower portion of the info and VCR buttons and such.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a CM bug. I already have a new beta that has this fixed.

Great! Do you have the beta to distribute to us CM'ers? I play CM most of the time game wise so it would be great to have that fix. Do I get it from you or from BTS?

Thanks Ray.

The only other thing I would like to see is the ability to take screenshots. I know this has been addresed by 3dfx before and that there is no simple fix, but I am hoping for at least the ability to take them without fsaa.

DaveF, a guy called Twilight has posted that he has CM running fine with a V3 and the new drivers (check 3dfxgamers.com mac forum).

I've tried it and it very, very nearly worked first time (transparency probs). It's close enough that I think a nice clean install and ROM flash of b12 followed by 1.1.2 might do the trick. There were no cursor probs, so apparently no need for the CM update on V3s!

I'll let you know if I can get it to go. I have a crummy 6500/L2G3 30, sys 8.6, V3 2000, so if it works for me it should work for anyone! Still crossing my fingers that Ray will give us nice unofficial V3-specific drivers, but.

Voodoo3 on a 7500/g3 300 here. 1.1.2 works fine and looks soooo much better than unaccelerated.

Couple things:

-tracers/gunfire are pretty much invisible now, perhaps they were too visible in unacelerated.

-had some gents hiding behind a stone wall, when I upgraded, the stone wall disappeared!

-rubble does not show

Guest Madmatt

In the next public patch for CM (should be ready next week) Charles has added some code that *should* address some of these weird cursor issues.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-23-2000).]

Is anyone running CM with a Voodoo 5500? If so, I'd like to hear what video settings you are you using and the ingame video settings as well. I've been trying to, but when I pick which video mode to use, I can see the Accept button, but the button below it is corrupted. Plus when I do pick a video option, at the main menu of CM..where my cursor is, it leaves blocks behind. Any ideas? Thank you. BTW, I am running DX8 and the latest V5 drivers.