*MOD* US Army infantry DOWNLOAD

M1A1TC

M1A1TankCommander,

A great BIG thank you for the hard work and hours you poured into these skins. They added some much needed and reality-based diversity to the game.

I'm on my way to give you a "5" at CMMODS. You earned it!

Yours!

Kyle

Mar. 31, 2008

smile.gif

[ March 31, 2008, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: 19Kyle72 ]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by civdiv:

To all you AD Army folks; how common is the HK416 these days? I thought initially it was just going to like JSOC elements, but now I am being told straight leg Army units are getting it, is that true? I am talking about the HK upper for the M4 which is gas piston operated. It is much more reliable than the M4 though I never found the M4 that unreliable as long as you kept it clean and weren't shooting frangible ammunition, though cleaning is less of an issue for the HK416.

Not very. I can't say anything about regular army, but we have some detachments/teams/whatever that have been issued the conversion kit, mine is not one of them.

*edit*

Looks neat, 3rd ID patch is too small, though. Reminds me of addons I would make for Armed Assault.

M1A1 Tank Commander, great work! These little details go far to add to the environment of the game. Thank you for your hard work.

For the next version, can I make the following requests?

-Add a random NVG monocular still mounted on a helmet, in the up position

-Can NVGs be added for night battles?

-Add a M-203 vest for grenadiers

-Add a random mix of smoke grenades, extra 5.56mm bandoleers, bayonets on gear, and a part of a map sticking out of a cargo pocket (especially for squad leaders, platoon commanders, and FOs)?

If weapons are going to modded, the old SAW needs an update. It would be cool to see guys actually humping AT-4s, MG tripods, etc...

Thanks again for the cool mods!

Wow. Great looking Mod. New to CMSF - Any chance this newbie can get a quick walk-through about how to install this mod -

(My bad! - Just checked page 2 and see where there are full directions).

Is version 1.05 the latest version at CMMODS...correct?

[ March 31, 2008, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: meade95 ]

M1A1TankCommander,

I just finished posting up my review of your infantry skins. I'm surprised and happy to hear that you're planning on releasing an updated version of this already fantastic mod.

I find myself having to second Imperial Grunt's request in uniform details matching the roles of the individual infantryman. If possible, please put some "wear and tear" on the uniform and gear. Scratches, nicks, dents, dirt, grease, worn threads and the like are just par for the course when out In Country. These little details go a long way to heightening one's sense of immersion. It's a shame that at this point that CMSF doesn't support much more than changing textures/GUI appearance and what not. Still, with individuals such as yourself at the wheel there's a lot that can still be achieved.

A general question regarding textures: I'm concerned that I had to swap the "-" for a "space" in the names of the .bmp files. Don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal to have the downloader do it him/herself, but I'm now forced to wonder about other texture mods that are similarly named with a "-" in their names... Regardless of the texture set we download (a tank or a infantryman) should we always remove the "-" in a texture file's name and replace it with a "space" instead, or ...? I don't want you to feel that I'm trying to get you to answer on behalf of other modders' work, I'm just wondering if it's a rule that texture files with a "-" in their .bmp's names won't work unless it's replaced with a "space"?

For example, should a modified .bmp file entitled "M1A1-skirts" be renamed to "M1A1 skirts" in order for it to function properly?

I know that in my own post requesting help with getting your mod to work that you stated that you'd supply a Read Me with your next release. In it, do you think that you could broadly address these kinds of concerns that us CMSF newbs will undoubtedly and naturally have? Detailed instructions supplied via a Read Me can go a long way to educating the masses, and in turn lead to a community that's full of confident members that are willing to participate.

Again, thanks for your hard work, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Yours,

Kyle

Mar. 31, 2008

smile.gif

Originally posted by PLM2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Love the Second ID patch, not all that thrilled about the MP patch though So where is it to download them?

I HATE the 2nd ID patch. I havnt even sewn it on my class As. It looks like some kind of indian reservation deputy badge, the coloring is also ugly </font>

• 8 years later...