Campaign tips, anyone?

152mmDumbRocket

I've been playing the campaign to see what everyone's been talking about, and I've made some good progress. I'm now on the 5th mission, and I've haven't lost a single mission, but I would like some advice for going forward, just to be sure. What should I do in the following missions, and how many missions are there?

• 4 weeks later...
Mate I'm bogged on the 3rd one! How do you deal with the swarms of bad guys dropping in on you?

The Recon In Force mission? Try distributing the units you have to the north and south sides of the base. They can still cover the east and west sides. Also, use the Mercurys you get to drop things like sensor jammers (been a while since I aced that mission, so can't recall for sure if deployables are available). Also, use the Mercurys you get to launch orbital strikes. Here's a list of the strikes available:

Fire mission: This sends down a barrage of high caliber HE rounds on the point you designate. Will kill Paladins and Apollo pretty regularly, as well as deployable AA turrets, sensor, and sensor jammers. Probably won't kill Thors but there is the chance of damaging them.

Trigger with control-F, and click on the point you want to hit.

EMP mission: This sends a storm of pods down which blast the area with EMP, temporarily knocking out any vehicles caught in the blast. This gives you a chance to take the base or flag, and execute the enemy units. However, does not affect infantry, so be careful if you're playing multiplayer with some of the vets like me. We could still have a nasty surprise waiting for you.

Trigger with control-E, and click on the point you want to hit.

Smoke mission. The most useless of the strikes. This send down a group of pods that release thick, blinding smoke at the point you want to hit. Will only hinder real players and not bots. Prohibited in multiplayer because the smoke creates massive lag.

Trigger with control-S, and click on the point you want to hit.

Resupply mission: This is the most used mission in the game. This will send down a Galaxy dropship to the point you click on. You already know what a Galaxy is, but to recap, it's a resupply and point defense dropship. With the combination of fresh ammo and reduced incoming enemy fire, the Galaxy can turn a battle.

Trigger with control-R, and click where you want it to land.

Notes: All missions, after used, have a recharge time. The Galaxy's is the lowest, but the other missions have long recharge times. Also, if you don't have line of sight to the target, your strike will take longer and be less accurate.

Oh if only Mercury's were available! On that map one only gets 4 Appollo's, 2 Shrikes and 2 cutters, and have to capture and defend 3 facilities against hordes of cutters and Thors :( I can get 2 then keep getting swamped. Plus struggling with dense AI that either sits around doing nothing when told to do something or trundles off to the edge of the board running away! Well, will keep at it...