The Wednesday Night Fight!

Junglist

152, what was your plan? I heard something that chilled my heart when I joined that game. It was kim2 saying "we'll have to go to plan b." This really scared me because it meant you had not one, but TWO plans. I was terrified. Apparently I inadvertently messed the plan up, which was cool. But what exactly was it?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

152, what was your plan? I heard something that chilled my heart when I joined that game. It was kim2 saying "we'll have to go to plan b." This really scared me because it meant you had not one, but TWO plans. I was terrified. Apparently I inadvertently messed the plan up, which was cool. But what exactly was it?

I'm not certain myself. kim2 wasn't very coherent about either plan. BTW, he's on the forums now (he's been playing online since March. He's a good player, but is a bit... determined to lead when he does so). You messed the plan up at the right times with your infantry drops. kim2 told me as I dealt with you, "come on I need help today not tomorrow" as we were on the edge of forcing our way in. I've explained to him what went down in my last post.

Well now some fun time was had in this mornings [morning here anyway] skirmishes. I dropped in a bit way through and it was oren + me vs Jung and bots either side clamouring for the city objective. I gave a few attempts at getting a cutter in their under Oren's request but just way too much offensive incoming to even get close and in the end Jung and his team had a bit of a windfall there.

Forget what the next one was but me and Oren defending objective both scored 4500+m kills - man that was so good I gotta put that in bold:

ME AND OREN BOTH GOT 4500+ RANGE KILLS :)

Also showed up that Jung is a single-minded killer espcially with his Hurricane - dropped a couple of HE's slap bang ontop of me a few times.

Least talked about Sea Cliffs CTF the better; as Jung pointed out it's way too big a map for edge-of-the-seat action plus we got stuck underwater for a while :) Nice day for a swim mind!

Well the last objective map was a humdinger; having been practicing since my last escapade with 152 and the engineer squad I got em in the tower and captured first time nice and sweet. A bit of a bummer that we changed to attacker before we started though coz I'd already dropped a ring of 90mm turrets and sensor jammers which gave us an uphill slog to get into the objective.

Much kudos to Jung for persisting with a damaged cutter creeping across to the objective in the final minutes to get control of facilities - nice one :)

Posted by missinginreality

Forget what the next one was but me and Oren defending objective both scored 4500+m kills - man that was so good I gotta put that in bold:

ME AND OREN BOTH GOT 4500+ RANGE KILLS :)

Looks like you failed to put it in boldface. But it's nice to hear you're becoming better at long range gunnery. My all time record is 6127 meters. :eek:

Posted by you

Least talked about Sea Cliffs CTF the better; as Jung pointed out it's way too big a map for edge-of-the-seat action plus we got stuck underwater for a while :) Nice day for a swim mind!

Wish I could have been there. Sea Cliffs is always a curse on your computer, but it sure is nice to play on. This Sunday, could we play on a specific set of maps that are agreed on previously? I'd like to play the Sea Cliffs CTF, Slug Fest CTF (the site of the famous "Ruaanith and 152 vs. the world" CTF match), The Dam (in whatever mode it's in, I just love the place), and Volcanic Deposits.

Well, just to clear things up, i was a real tank gunner in the army, so my gunnery skills really being put up to the test here.

My REAL all time personal record is 6000 m' at full hull target, i hit at the 4'th round. :)

Well, just to clear things up, i was a real tank gunner in the army, so my gunnery skills really being put up to the test here.

My REAL all time personal record is 6000 m' at full hull target, i hit at the 4'th round. :)

Awesome feat for a real gunner! It's a bit easier here in DropTeam. My personal record for a kill with a 120mm round in a normal atmosphere is 6127 meters on Ice Field on my 2nd shot. The first shot hit the Paladin, but failed to penetrate. The second penetrated and blew it up.

BTW, if you want to beat my record, use HEAT. AP really loses penetration at long range, but I'm sure you know about that, and that HEAT never loses its base penetration.

DT'ers

Sorry I missed you all today, didn't get on till 11 my time and guess everyone had bugged out already. My ping was like, 1080 or something, so I wouldn't have been much help anyway. Hope it was a good melee.

MiR

Only Jung and I showed, but we had some good co-op rounds. Bummer on your ping, mate. :( Just wish you could show up on Sundays, but see you next Wednesday. Jung's trying to make it when he can, so if you make it next week, you could see him. And he's dangerous (don't listen to kim2 on that matter, he thought Jung was a noob last Sunday :D), so watch out!

Well, only Jung, jby, and myself showed up. :( I'm sad to say this, but I think we should end the Wednesday night games, because almost no one ever shows up. :(

:eek: Oh man don't do that; the sunday time is awful for me at least when I''m around i can make the Thursday morning/Wednesday night time; no way can I get up THAT early on a Monday even for DT!

:eek: Oh man don't do that; the sunday time is awful for me at least when I''m around i can make the Thursday morning/Wednesday night time; no way can I get up THAT early on a Monday even for DT!

Nothing personal, mate. I know the Sunday time doesn't work for you, it was an outburst of despair after even the creator of the Euro Wednesday time (Aniruddha, aka ZenGentoo) failed to show up. Haven't seen you on the Thursday morning/Wednesday night time lately, come to think of it.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude: People have been dropping off on the Wednesday time, but Sundays have remained good, which is odd. :confused:

Haven't seen you on the Thursday morning/Wednesday night time lately, come to think of it.

:confused:

yea, Rl stuff has to take priority for me and just happens the last two weeks have been things having to be done on those days. Rest assured I do endeavour to make it though. if it's a good time for anyone else Saturday nights here are usually good times for me - anytime around GMT 0900 - 1500 on a saturday if anyones up for it. I might just drop into the server tonight between those times and have a look see anyway.