New-Geneva Space-Viking Convention: Chapter CTF

__Yossarian0815[jby]

Since this seems to be commonly accepted I propose the following commandment:

Thou shalt not use mines in a CTF game!

Something else on CTF games I´d like to discuss (admittedly not a big deal, but maybe it could be done easily): I think the point making regime isnt right for CTF. Current practice rewards the larger team in matches with victories that are essentially draws, since the team with more humans will always get more points for killing bots.

IMHO points should only be awarded to flag-related activities: i.e.: 100 points for capture, 10 points for recapture of your team´s flag. etc.

[ August 20, 2007, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

Points for posessing the enemy flag might be nice, too. Like 1 point per 10 seconds of posession. If you can't hold on to the flag for a while it might net a negative score if the opposing team gets 10 for reposession.

Of course, we could also do something like "battering match" in which the contestants just aim to blow the antimatter out of each other. Only points for kills. Of course, we could implement the long-lost idea of vehicles being worth different amounts of points; come to think of it that option may already be in the XML. Time to go look!