Another so I bought this game thread...

StellarRat

Voice comms are built into the game - check the key bindings. Just press and hold the key down to activate your mike. When you release the key, your message is replayed to the other players on your team.

Good voice communication can make or break team tactics so it's worth making sure that your microphone is working correctly. If you start a standalone game and use the voice comms, you will hear your message replayed to you, rather than your bot team mates.

To start playing online:

1- Have a working Internet connection

2- When you start up the game, click the "Register New Account" button.

3- Fill in your Product Key, along with the username and password you want.

4- When you've registered your account, enter your username and password in the opening screen box.

5- Go to the "Network" tab and click the "Refresh" button.

6-Find a server to play on, click it, and select "Join Game."

The map should load and you'll be playing online. Delta Pavonis is the main server for the full game. Creature Zoo is main modded server. You of course need to download the mod here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask anyone on the forums. See you online!

We really had some nice games; I'm sorry that I missed whenever you got on. Chaos6 and I had a couple good games. First was Haven which was completely unfair as I started out by stealing the flag before Chaos arrived. The second match, on Twin Peaks, was hectic. I tried covering the entire map with AA and mining off the deployment zone. When his troops broke out, though, my base was very poorly defended, so it was just vehicle to vehicle combat like crazy for about 10-15 minutes straight. I'll do a couple of proper AAR's on our matches in a while.

So I learned a lot about how things work last night. But I'm thinking this game is a lot more fun with a bunch of humans playing. Do you have to lead the target when firing at something that is moving? Why do mortar shells sometimes explode in mid-air? If the ATGM sight is green when you press the fire button do you need to do anything else?

What ruaánith said and:

1) aim at the vehicle, right click (un-toggles auto aim), then lead the target. Naturally works best when the target is moving in a right angle to you. oh, and the round does not inherit your relative speed (not modelled). and don´t forget to turn on auto aim again ( I often forget smile.gif )

2) Both EMV Paladin and Ion towers can destroy mortar rounds, antitank missiles and cobra missiles.

Countermeasure against ion towers: swamp the defense by firing lots of 20mm over the tower.

Most of that sort of thing isn't in the game; they were very nice ideas, though. The only real aerial scout is a Viper, though some of the modders have toyed around quite a while with the idea of a super-high flying hovercraft. Unfortunately, your stability decreases in direct proportion with your height. However, some new recon might really contribute well. A sensor mast would be interesting, as would a "sensor mission" like fire or smoke missions.

well, you can fly around in a viper, but it is not easy to control and you have to be real careful not to wander into cobra missile zone.

When driving the Mercury command vehicle you can see all enemy units that your team has in LOS or sensor range (can also call arty, EMP and smoke strikes). All other units can only see things in their LOS and what is in range of sensors (unless jammed of course)

Hmm...several months...I think not! LOL!

Is there a parking brake command? Holding the X key down while on a hill gets tiring. I tried "I" but it doesn't seem to work always.

Anyway, if the devs ever want to add some stuff I like my sensor mast, UAV, and camera shells ideas (of course.)

Strange, because "L" is the key that one is supposed to use. I don't know of any other tool to "hold" the brake. A couple of ideas: try remapping the hold brake key in the controls Tab, or press the key sequence that follows.

Hold X, press enter, let go of X, press enter again. That might work, but it may not. Hope it helps.

And as to the Viper, several months was a huge exaggeration. Of course, one can always get better!

I hear it's really fun to fly around like that. Of course, I only hear, as hardly anyone else plays Viper with me, I've never had the supposedly joyous experience of soaring through the air in near-perfect parabolic flight. If anyone'd be willing to toss me, I'd love to go for a fly.