What a great game!!

Whiteowl

I got sick and had to stay home from work today (what a bummer, huh?) and I was browsing around the net looking for something to do. I found the demo of this game and after playing it for a few hours I got solidly hooked on it! I had to buy it...I can't wait til it finishes downloading.

This is the coolest new game I've played in a very long time.

Good job!

Alan "ATGM"

Welcome!

This game is very cool. It can also be quite challenging so don't give up, do ask questions and watch how the older hands pull off their maneouvres and coordination.

Oh - and if you have a microphone, you should try testing the voice chat feature. Run a game in Standalone mode and press the Chat button - you should hear your voice coming back at you after a brief pause.This can make comms a lot simpler in games with other human players.

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been playing on the network for about 10 hours today. A LOT TO LEARN, but it is just a fun kind of game where the learning experience just happens and it isn't a pain like some other games. I got a chance to play with a few of you earlier this morning. It was excellent.

One thing I am having a hard time with (other than staying alive) is how to control the bots. I want them to move with me, or to just lay down some fire, how do I tell them what to do?

The variety of weapons and various EW systems are outstanding. You guys did a great job designing this one.

Originally posted by Whiteowl:

One thing I am having a hard time with (other than staying alive) is how to control the bots. I want them to move with me, or to just lay down some fire, how do I tell them what to do?

All commands to the bots are done on the TacMap (press Space to toggle). You can select each tank by clicking the left mouse button on one. Ctrl-Click selects extra tanks. Drag-click selects all units in an area.

Now - there are lots of commands. They can be accessed by right-clicking on the map. Take a few momemnts to read the short cuts next to the commands, since they are a massive speed-up to coordinating tanks. These are the ones I use the most. Most will require you to click on the map to specify an objective point.

</font>

• Attack (alt-a) - move immediately to attack this objective.</font>
  • Advance (alt-v) - move towards this point, engaging the enemy as you go.</font>
  • Hull down (alt-h) - Move towards this point until you can see just it, then stop. If the tank is approaching this over a rise, this will only expose the turret of the tank to any enemy at the specified point.</font>
  • Defend (alt-d) - defend this point against all enemy targets</font>
  • Extract (alt-x) - GET ME OUTTA HERE! (will summon dropship for collection, regardless of enemy SAM or EWV vehicles, so care is required)</font>

You can give these commands to both human and bot players. Bots will normally obey them, humans ... not so much :)

Beware - you can extract another human player and that's not normally desirable, so be careful with that Alt-x.