1.2.2 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

Important: If you have installed the DDS Texture Pack for faster scenario loading, then you will want to download the new version and install it again. If you don't do this, then some icons in the game will appear upside-down. See the DDS Texture Pack thread for more info.

Changes in 1.2.2:

</font>

• Sweeping network optimizations - should reduce lag for most players</font>
  • New scenario "Desert Mesa" by Toby Haynes</font>
  • Fixed brakes on wheeled vehicles</font>
  • Fixed server crash related to tactical diagrams</font>
  • Fixed automated turrets not firing when they should</font>
  • Mouse handling cleanups on the tac display</font>
  • Fixed bots failing to use beam weapons and ATGM's properly (they were holding their fire when they shouldn't have been)</font>
  • Fixed server crash related to votes</font>
  • Now all chassis types are allowed to carry passengers instead of only wheeled chassis (useful for modders)</font>
  • OBJ model lighting fixes (useful for modders)</font>

Happy birthdays, Ice and Smeltz! Smeltz, I'm only 2 years ahead of you. Maybe that explains why we're both eager for the ww2 mod. And Iceman at 18 ... jeeze ... all I can say is that Smeltz and I are just now entering that phase of our lives where we are starting to envy your youth, buddy. smile.gif Enjoy every single minute of it!

bboyle, let me know if putting this file in your DropTeam's \bin folder helps.

Excellent. And good timing for me to. I'm going to have access to High Speed again for the first time since Christmas as of a week today. It will be nice to play some Drop Team again. It just doesn't work worth beans on Dial-Up.

And before I forget - Happy birthday Iceman & Smeltz!

Not long ago I was guessing I might be one of the youngest DT players, but it seems Iceman's got me beat hands down. I'll be 23 in June smile.gif

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Happy birthdays, Ice and Smeltz! Smeltz, I'm only 2 years ahead of you. Maybe that explains why we're both eager for the ww2 mod. And Iceman at 18 ... jeeze ... all I can say is that Smeltz and I are just now entering that phase of our lives where we are starting to envy your youth, buddy. smile.gif Enjoy every single minute of it!

bboyle, let me know if putting this file in your DropTeam's \bin folder helps.

I get bupkis when I hit the link.

No problems to report from here. I've never had lag issues so I can't comment on that. We played with 8 on sunday.

One thing is that I get a 'server not responding' in 3 of 4 games after a scenario change and after the new scenario loads up. If I reconnect all is fine. From those 8 I was the only one with that problem however.

Two things unfortunatly not included in this update is that the Tempest is still slow to accelerate and the AT grenade is still invisible.

No time yet to test the modder goodies but will do soon.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Awwww. Now I feel old! I turned 35 last month! Maybe I should change my name to Grandpa :)

The one thing I've noticed are some white blocks on the tacmap. Some appear to be the flag indicators (though they show up normally in the normal view), others are the bullet 'tracers' that show up on the tacmap, but there are some others that I can't figure out. Anywho, I know none of those are normal, so I figured I'd point it out.

I'm also getting the white spots on the tac map Iceman speaks of. I'm running on a Mac, how about you Iceman? I asked some other players in game if they were experiencing the same phenomenon, but they all said no, so obviously this is not happening to all users. Personally I find the white spots to be more useful than the old red ones because they are darn easy to see. The only problem is that flags also look like shots people have fired, but smaller.

I was guessing the drop team crowd was clocking in at an average above 30. Thanks for all the well wishes! And Iceman, since it seems you're the youngin' of the group, I'm not sure if we can allow you to keep the Admiral title. Just kidding. By the way you carry yourself I would have never guessed your age, and that is a good thing my friend, a good thing indeed.