Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I have a 200ms ping to Landis and had several occasions where I couldn't steer any more.

What hardware does Landis use? Maybe its a bit too slow?

Really a shame Pavonis didn't work on a sunday.

Apart from that nice games. I played in Bajou and the other rocky one with the two bases and one road.

We (Sam, Phonan, me) won the Bajou (against Kurtz, jby and ImperialGrunt). Phonan went Thor slinging until he was downed by a Hermes. We had control of the objective most of the time but didn't take it over. I tried once but somehow the base didn"t change sides after the cutter was finished and jby killed me before I could try again. After that some nice infantry action and we carried a win by points over time. Lots of kills by Sam.

The other game went well for us. Took over enemy base. They fought back and took it over again. Phonan had to leave in midgame. We managed to clear it again but missed to take it back (although we could have) and were surprised by a last minute snatch of our base. Learned lesson: never be to sure about an advantage until the time is over.

Originally posted by poesel71:

The other game went well for us. Took over enemy base. They fought back and took it over again. Phonan had to leave in midgame. We managed to clear it again but missed to take it back (although we could have) and were surprised by a last minute snatch of our base. Learned lesson: never be to sure about an advantage until the time is over.

Poesel, that is called a loss!

Great games today, very competitive. Sam was on a killing spree too. Hopefully the lag/control problems will be fixed for more smooth game play. I think we were all affected one way or another.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Same here. I have a 200ms ping to Landis and had several occasions where I couldn't steer any more.

What hardware does Landis use? Maybe its a bit too slow?

Really a shame Pavonis didn't work on a sunday.

i hope that landis isn´t the new fancy west coast server.

I think Battlefront/Clay should seriously look into the lag/server issue. The WW2 mod won´t save this game if the lag cripples the game.

in version 118 we played 5 players on each side in on the most hardware intensive level (sea cliffs) without a hitch. I want that again.

The other game went well for us. Took over enemy base. They fought back and took it over again. Phonan had to leave in midgame. We managed to clear it again but missed to take it back (although we could have) and were surprised by a last minute snatch of our base. Learned lesson: never be to sure about an advantage until the time is over. [/qb]

I had to leave mid game and came back in the last few minutes, found a dire situation, so I thought: men, man the cutters, I landed W of the base and was mowed down twice, then I tried E and to my surprise it was unguarded, so i retook the base in the last minute smile.gif

Originally posted by Junglist:

Let's not forget about the later game (Dead Gulch I think), where Nexus and I managed to capture and/or destroy all of jby and Imperial Grunt's facilities. I kind of enjoyed that one.

Yes - that one was fun :D Thankfully there wasn't too much smoke on that level (except from the bot dropships plummeting from the sky above our Hermes...).

Let's not forget about the later game (Dead Gulch I think), where Nexus and I managed to capture and/or destroy all of jby and Imperial Grunt's facilities. I kind of enjoyed that one.

Yeah you surprised us by taking (or at least putting a hermes there) the NE base so fast that one bot had used up half of our cutters dropping to its doom, before we even started to react. and I gave those bot - orders :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Enough with Christmas, back to the virtual battlefield! I will be back in action this Sunday at 3pm EST (you do the time math), hopefully for an extended session, with lots of players on each side. So, calling all DT players: LET'S FIGHT!

Hope to see you there...

We (kadeen, Neutrino 123, Sam ) would like to join in the wanton destruction, but the lag has made the game very difficult to stay with. As someone above pointed out version 1.18 ( I think it was that one) was much better in terms of the lag problem. Is Claytonius around? Perhaps he could investigate and let us know if there is any possibility for improvement.

Thanks

Originally posted by kadeen:

We (kadeen, Neutrino 123, Sam ) would like to join in the wanton destruction, but the lag has made the game very difficult to stay with. As someone above pointed out version 1.18 ( I think it was that one) was much better in terms of the lag problem. Is Claytonius around? Perhaps he could investigate and let us know if there is any possibility for improvement.

Thanks

I've tried a personal email and noted the problems above without reply. Let me know if you do better.

Enough with Christmas, back to the virtual battlefield! I will be back in action this Sunday at 3pm EST (you do the time math), hopefully for an extended session, with lots of players on each side. So, calling all DT players: LET'S FIGHT!

Hope to see you there...

Unfortunately I cannot make it, but I look forward to getting back into the arena the following Sunday.

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Junglist:

Hope to see you there...

Unfortunately I cannot make it, but I look forward to getting back into the arena the following Sunday. </font>

So we were Jung, jby, aittaMM, IG and myself - thats not very much.

Jung first totally blasted me off the ice map in an one on one.

Then we had sea cliffs where Jung set up a defense which we wanted to attack together but in the middle of that attack jby and aittaMM joined in. After owning the base we managed to loose that game. Neglecting to secure your conquest is always a failure...

Strange thing was a AA turret which was a 'ghost' - you couldn't kill it, it showed its AA cover on tac map but AFAIK didn't actually shoot - weird. Another weird thing was when I was shot by aittaMM with a 76mm and could just see the bullets but not the vehicle.

Then the swamp thing. This one I liked best although we lost it too. A lot of hide and seek. jby had made himself a nice hideout and I only found him when he called in the galaxy but then the time was over.

A question: how do you get points in this game? IIRC both teams had the station at some point in the game but neither received points - just the normal kill points.

Last game was that desert thing with two bases. Unfortunatly it was two vs one with jby and me vs Jung. A bit unfair but at least some payback possibilities for me - which I indeed used :D

I won't make it next sunday but hope there will be more players. Maybe we should make a new thread for each sunday as this one gets rather long...

I think the only way a team scores points on the swamp map is that you have to occupy the objective and have no enemy units within 1000m. If an enemy unit is in that perimeter, then no points.

Since the objective changed hands a few times, I guess whoever holds that perimeter the longest throughout the game wins.

points are made only if there are no opponents in the perimeter otherways only the hits are added, since I'had a platoon scattered on the west side from the houses to the top of the hill that was preventing any scoring but they never left the perimeter as well so......

poesel: sorry for the invisible trick