Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sunday´s game wasn´t so hot. I´ll admit that I wasn´t too focussed to start with, i apologize to my teammates if my mangled aim lost us the game(s) (getting new windows in my appartment this week and all the prepararations didn´t let me relax this weekend)

but in addition to that came the mother of all lag fests. the only game that was remotely playable was the ice map. that was good, really well played by blood (i was water) and the 5min of glory initiated by Sam on my team where we nearly grasped victory from the jaws of defeat when he boldly removed the mines blocking the entrances.

the other maps i tried to have fun, but things like this kept happening: im in an apollo, a thor is prsenting its backside at point blank range...i push the trigger and ... nothing...lag...when i get back into the game the thor has turned around completely and casually picked me off.

I really think we need to organize a different server with more bandwidth.

I've got to agree with jby about the lag I experienced on Sunday. It was definitely taking away from the game in a big way. In the past I've had problems with specific maps (usually the larger ones). This Sunday, other than the ice map and one other map, the game was virtually unplayable for me. This problem seems to be getting worse, or is that just me?

Is anyone getting disconnected? (Well, "Server not responding.") Or just lag?

I got "Server not responding." a couple times now tonight (once in a game with Iceman, in fact). Someone else was using the WWW on another computer on the LAN and didn't notice anything wrong. Normally I'd think the problem was a bad connection at my end - and maybe it still is - but that makes me wonder if it isn't.

Also, when I tried "Disconnecting" and then re-joining the game, I could do so.

Server, or time to give my copy of XP a boot to the head?

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

But add me to the EEGG roster.

very good, missed this post yesterday. What we need would be a forum to discuss tactics hidden from the prying eyes of Rbentus! </font>

Yup, lag got ugly a few times Sunday, also got dropped to the desktop once. The last iteration seemed to be less prone to these problems. Is smoke related to the lag problem as well as map size?

Meanwhile, is work continuing on the WW 2 version of DT?

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

We're bringing up another server on the west coast now. It's at an excellent data center so, depending on your location, it should offer less lag for many of us.

I know its unreasonable to ask for a server in central europe, but a server in good old england would enable europe and the east coast to meet at reasonable pings.

I´ve done some preliminary googling for rental servers but they usually only feature BF2 et al.

As I've said before, I would be willing to run a server (in europe). I refrained from doing so so far because I've never seen the one server being full. And wheres the point in spreading the small numbers of players over several servers?

Originally posted by poesel71:

As I've said before, I would be willing to run a server (in europe). I refrained from doing so so far because I've never seen the one server being full. And wheres the point in spreading the small numbers of players over several servers?

Do it anyway please, people can choose and one could try running servers with different settings, like more time at the beginning of each map and generally longer scenario times.

I'd be willing to make the jump across the ocean (virtually that is) to play on occasion, since you guys have been doing it for awhile now. I generally play where the players are. I also make a point of it during the week to have a look when I get home from work to see if any Europeans are still on as well, many of who I enjoyed playing with in the summer. I don't know what it is but the they just seem so much more cultured than the average player....hehe

Originally posted by Junglist:

I'd be willing to make the jump across the ocean (virtually that is) to play on occasion, since you guys have been doing it for awhile now. I generally play where the players are. I also make a point of it during the week to have a look when I get home from work to see if any Europeans are still on as well, many of who I enjoyed playing with in the summer. I don't know what it is but the they just seem so much more cultured than the average player....hehe

Yes Jung, I feel I'm not alone amongst my euro compatriots when I admit to being partial to the odd fine cigar enjoyed with a rare cognac as I recline in my Louis XIV original leather backed armchair and crushed velvet smoking jacket. One must allow the occasional indulgence of a gentlemans vices. ;)

Howdy all,

I will not be able to attend the match this sunday. We've been... erm.. part of some unfortunate luck.

We had a tornado blow through here today. Quite a bit of damage done. The front end of my car was smashed up by a tree, trees are down everywhere, the local grocery store windows blew out, HS gym collapsed.. As far as I can tell, the house is OK, though only daylight will tell. The only significant damage to our property appears to be the car.

We're all OK, but needless to say, I'm gonna be busy this weekend.

Well, daylight has shown that around here, it seems to be largely trees down, though I saw some photos of the grocery store, and that is all messed up. Like something out of a movie.

We got the tree off of the car. The car runs, and is drivable short of the windshield, and a headlight that was knocked out.

The house appears to be OK, and people are coming out to remove downed trees. It looks like a majority of the damage was to the grocery store, and we got more of a 'glancing hit'.

Some good games yesterday. Especially the CTF games were superb. Unfortunatley I forgot to start gamecam before the game so no pics :( , the wreckage around our flag on the desert level was a site to behold. I wasn´t able to play this week and one could see that the old "mine the flag" trick has found its antidote. All the games were fairly close except our (water) attack on raid. It was a good plan, but we were second guessed and our bots (and more importantly our dropships) ran into a trap, essentially deciding the game in the first 5 minutes.

the lag was bad a few times...I have decided for myself to play more "passively" in the lag prone maps ...mortaring and mercury duty