Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Junglist:

So, In a further effort to complicate things, I hereby challenge ANYONE out there to recruit a team to do battle with the Upstarts. Once again, on the line, ultimate bragging rights in the DropTeam Universe!

Upstarts, hah! Starry-eyed rebels of the galactic fringe, thats what you are!

The Epsilon Eridani Gas Giants (EEGG) challenge you to mortal combat on Hopewell!

------------------------------------------------

JOIN THE Epsilon Eridani Gas Giants NOW!

For Antimatter, Credits and Free Visits to the Leather Goddesses of Phobos </font>

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Junglist:

Geez jby, here I was thinking you were a loyal member of the Upstarts, instead you've been planning rebellion all along! I'm not so sure I would have been so bold in my praise of the Upstarts if I had known we could no longer call on your skills. What's next?!?Nexus' New-World Raiders? Phantom's Fabulous Five? Smeltz Belts? Stonewall's Stone-Age Brawlers?

I guess that brings me to what I see as the major stumbling block towards forming semi-permanent teams: trying to figure out who to team-up with. It seems basic, but to help illustrate my point: I don't even know who the Upstarts are, despite the fact that I'm challenging people to fight us, whoever WE are. Like Toby suggest, we need some type of system for making teams balanced, otherwise the game loses its appeal if you should be on the losing team all the time (same could be said if one is always winning I guess)

Don´t think so much Jung, the honorable Liveship Rbentus is siding with the upstarts.

Everybody else: Choose your allegiance (for this Sunday at least ;) )!

currently:

EEGG: jby

LR/upstarts: iceman, Jung

Damn that mister Greenwich, for inventing the time zones :mad: . At the time the server is getting populated, I need to log off to get some sleep. 3.00 pm seems to be 22:00 over here, and I need to get up mondays at 6:30 for work (damn the guy who invented work :mad: )

Originally posted by Bertram:

Damn that mister Greenwich, for inventing the time zones :mad: . At the time the server is getting populated, I need to log off to get some sleep. 3.00 pm seems to be 22:00 over here, and I need to get up mondays at 6:30 for work (damn the guy who invented work :mad: )

I´m for slowing the rotation of earth! or at least moving North America closer to Europe (or vice versa), so we can all play at the same time. Who needs the atlantic anyway?

Originally posted by poesel71:

jbys videos can now be found here:

jby_dtvids

Warning: 35MB zip file of 4 avis.

thx poesel!

All 4 vids are from the raid map on sunday. In case you´re wondering why I didn´t record the whole thing...the second you push the game cam record button the frame rate drops to about 20 (usually I have about 40-90)so I only recorded when I felt relatively safe(a mistake as you´ll see smile.gif

Also there is no sound, have to see if thats possible the next time.

the vids:

teamwork: Imperial grunt is bearing down on my puny apollo with his thor. we trade shots (actually had i waited half a second longer I probaly could have shot through the side of the turret), I reverse like crazy, trying to at least kill a track, then kurtz comes to the rescue and gets IG with a flank shot

tankhunter1:

I surprise Nexus and miss a 100% kill chance :rolleyes: . should have aimed a teensy bit more to the left or used shpede charge instead...second later jung vapes me..a recurring theme :mad:

hunting:

diposing of a foolish bot

decisions:

in this case it would have made more sense to disengage

Althought not in the scene those videos have been taken during my two highest moment on the battlefield: capturing the ion tower on the mountain, with my fierce cutter I got a ion MBT totally unaware of my presence and I chased a ATGM Paladin away; then Bones got is revenge with infantry but he didn't see me coming down with another inf squad and culling away his platoon.

Second episode: DrE was sitting in his MBT with two 90mm close to the ion tower on the small hill; dropped a platoon just on top of the tower and walked my way to his tank, blowing up the turrets on the way, and got him while he was doing long range target practice

BTW, unless I'm mistaken, the inventor of time zones was Sir Sanford Fleming from Canada.

And after googling Sir Flemming I now know that the inhabitants of Halifax are referred to as Haligonians. :eek: smile.gif

back to DT...this whole challenge/teams thing doesn´t seem to be catching the imagination of the masses ;) ,so I suggest, in my function as centurion of EEGG, that the upstarts and Liveship Rbentus join forces with EEGG and smash those who dare to oppose us in our bid to bring order to the galaxy!

Originally posted by IcemanUSA:

As captain of Liveship Rbentus, I would sooner see my ship go down in flames than I would ally with those who seek to conqor the lands we own!

You have 3 days! Prepare for battle!

Very well Admiral, I look forward to sipping my Pan Galactic Gargleblasters from the honorable skulls of Rbentus warriors.

Originally posted by Jalinth:

The crew of the mercenary Liveship Ruby's Dragon will offer it's services to the highest bidder. Specializing in heavy indirect fire support, we are ready to pound our employers foes into the dirt!

For our esteemed allies Epsilon Eridani Gas Giants offers cruising rights to the most beautiful locations in EEGG space:

ee.jpg

Sure you can also spend time on Liveship Rbentus´ cheesy holodecks instead...

I regret to inform you that the Liveship "Ruby's Dragon" will not be arriving in time for the battle. It's forces have been called away to engage the Clans on the borders of the Inner Sphere, followed by a humanitarian works involving decorating the church Sunday afternoon. The offer of free Pizza was to tempting to resist!

What about you Imperial Grunt? You stated an interest in forming some sort of teams: if you can make it tomorrow how about siding with the Epsilon Eridani Gas Giants? I can vouch for jby's craftiness as a teammate, so you need not worry in that department.

As it is we really only have enough players to form one solid team. Perhaps jby's right about forming an alliance and kicking some combined butt. Anyway, we can always wait and see what develops come battle time.

Speaking of battle time...

I've had something come up that I cannot get out of. (I have to admit that the past few weeks that I've missed have been because I've forgotten)

I do not know for sure if I will be back by 3 or not. I will jump on as soon as I get home, but I'm not positive on being able to make it. (It was supposed to happen today, but it didn't, so it's tomorrow)

FYI-> There is 2 ways this situation can play out. The way it looks now is that it will be earlier. There is another potential situation that it won't start until after 5:30 or so. I guess you'll know if I'm online come match time :D

What about you Imperial Grunt? You stated an interest in forming some sort of teams: if you can make it tomorrow how about siding with the Epsilon Eridani Gas Giants? I can vouch for jby's craftiness as a teammate, so you need not worry in that department.

As it is we really only have enough players to form one solid team. Perhaps jby's right about forming an alliance and kicking some combined butt. Anyway, we can always wait and see what develops come battle time.

Thank you for the invite, I accept.

Not sure if I can make it by 3 (family is visiting), but I will try. But add me to the EEGG roster.

Yeah, I agree on the postponing the battle for now. I'll still be on today at the regular time, barring unforeseen happenstance.

Saturday or Sunday work for me, but it has to be one or the other. I need at least one day on the weekend not focussed on playing games. If given the choice I would prefer to keep Saturday free, as there is generally more s**t going on on Saturday. How about earlier Sunday, therefore it wouldn't be so late for the Europeans.