Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

As far as the mines go, I personally have no problem with them on obj or territory maps either, it's ctf where they are unbearable. I don't usually bother to deploy mines myself anymore, as it is generally more exciting without them.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've heard it from you, I don't feel so worried about mines. redface.gif But I have to disagree with one thing:

Originally posted by poesel71:

They are slow as hell but can take quite some punishment before going down.
From my experience, cutters are relatively easy meat. They're slow moving, have big slab sides so if their sides are turned to you, you have a target you can kill at ranges of up to 4 km, if you're as good as I am at marksmanship. The only time I worry about killing a cutter is when it's facing me from the front. Then it become more challenging, but you can always penetrate the cutter from the front by shooting it beneath its blade when it's raised. But the thing that bugs me the most about the cutter is its lack of ammo. Only 200 AP rounds? :eek: :confused: Heck, a 20mm Paladin has 400 AP and 200 HE, a Hermes has 600 AP and 100 HE, and the same goes for the 20mm Apollo. Why is this and what could be done about it?

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I want to have an experiment about team commanders next Sunday. What do you think?

I've never been into voting a commander because of the limitations it places on the other players, but if you mean designated guys giving the orders then sure. As for next Sunday, it's Easter and I will not be able to make it. Maybe we should square off some time tomorrow if anyone is interested....most have Friday off right?

Originally posted by Jung:

I've never been into voting a commander because of the limitations it places on the other players, but if you mean designated guys giving the orders then sure.
Now that you've revealed that voting in a team commander limits everyone else, I'm more than willing to go with the latter interpretation. And Phonan, Friday afternoon is fine by me. Name your time and marshal your forces. ;)

About that usual time... real life threatens to intervene, unfortunately. I may be able to jump in right towards the end, but its not likely. We could schedule later, but I don't want to mess you folks up. I should be able to play if anyone is on Saturday too.

I'll remember, and I'm hard at work formulating a new plan for victory at Haven! :cool: The reason I was on today was to see if I could catch anyone who had missed the memo about the change of plans. Also, I know what you say when you say that you can't bring yourself to get a gaming laptop. They're quite powerful (SLI and RAID built in along with a 20 inch display!), but the heaviest caliber are still usually in the $4,000 US dollar range.

By the way, jby, if you can beat my Rock of Gibraltar Ice Field Defense you found when you joined with about 10 min to go, I'll give you... dang, I can't think of anything to give. Except...

The jby strategic penetration Medal!

We should come up with some other medals, aside from the "Phonan crazy driving medal with gold wings" and my very own "152 sniper rifle marksmanship medal with rangefinding scope".

Originally posted by 152mmDumbRocket:

Also, I know what you say when you say that you can't bring yourself to get a gaming laptop. They're quite powerful (SLI and RAID built in along with a 20 inch display!), but the heaviest caliber are still usually in the $4,000 US dollar range.

I take it you meant "heaviest" literally. :D Have you seen how thick those things are? I've seen some with desktop processors!

And btw if I'm free this Wednesday (which I doubt) and I can figure out when that is CST (which I also doubt) I'll try to make it.

house to house was quite something. never more than 300 points difference throughout the game. In games like these you always wonder: what was the crucial mistake? was it the time I could have easily killed jung´s cutter but forgot to switch to auto aiming for three crucial rounds? Should we have deployed more turrets?

Though 2to1 most of the time , thus not exactly fair, the mesa game was also cool. we (152 & me) took our time and closed in on one of jung´s bases methodically. those frantic last seconds where we were nearly thwarted by a tricksy cutter smile.gif , 152 howling over the com, a sort of full battle stations! type-all claxons screaming moment :D .

Of course I was howling, jby, Jung was attempting to pull off a last minute win for himself. After a hard fought game, it was really no wonder. We probably should have delivered more turrets at House to House, I'm getting better at turret drops, as Jung will attest. And if it's any comfort to you, I killed Jung's cutter a few seconds after he broadcast his somewhat triumphant message, and then I charged after STONEWALL, but time ran out before I could put in a fatal shot. :(

The games yesterday were fun. I nailed Jung's Hurricane with AT grenades, and then said a simple truth: "It's never too late for revenge." :D At Desert Mesa, it was one of our better games, jby. My idea to probe out Jung's position worked and I got to blow up some turrets, sensors, and sensor jammers. It was also nice to see STONEWALL again. smile.gif

As for crucial mistakes, I think it was not enough turrets, and not being careful enough to guard what we had, but it might not have made a difference since someone on the other side was raining mortar rounds down on us. Any idea who it was, and if it's you, Jung, was it in revenge for the time on Black Canyon when I mortared your base into oblivion without knowing the rule about mortar restrictions on that map?

Well that was great fun today. I got dropped by the server right near the end of the last ctf game, but it was time for me to go anyway. Good teams today with Phonan, Kim2 (good to see you out Kim) and myself VS Stonewall, jby, and 152mm. Until next time guys...I've got to go see the end of the men's world championship curling...something Nexus could appreciate.

kim if you read this, stone was about to join you in the attack, didn´t want to gang up on you.

well, never mind, had a nice last game against stonewall on good old twin peaks, some very personal 120mm duels there :D

hope to see you all next sunday, very good games.

As you noticed the server kicked me once too, was real strange couldn´t rejoin until I had restarted my computer, so maybe not the server but some other kind of matrix hickup.

[ April 13, 2008, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

[ April 13, 2008, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

Yee haw!

These were some awesome games today. 3-on-3 action, and it was nice to see Kim2 again. I wasn't around for all of them, but the Ice Field and Forsaken rounds rocked! :cool: I haven't found Kim2 in the members directory, so I can only hope he (or she) is looking at the forums from the outside in.