Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Playability?

RiflemanIII

While I do see the endless discusssion on the realism of the game, I'd like to get down to something even more important: Gameplay.

Now, exactly how simply does the game control. I'm certainly the farthest thing from a sim junkie on this board (I play Ace Combat, for Ghu's sake), but I see no reason for this game to require anywhere near the complication of T-72. For the ground vehicles, I can't see the need for much more than WASD + mouse for movement, aiming, and firing.

You can have all of the realism you want, but ease of play is really what makes or breaks a game.

You're going to love it, Rifleman. smile.gif

DropTeam is a layered onion: it's instantly accessible when you sit down to play using simple WASD + mouse just as you described, but that belies the fact that there are many layers of complexity for you to delve into. Eventually you will graduate from that simple formula of "driving and shooting" into issuing orders to the units under your command, switching to the tac display to keep track of the overall battle, using tactics and various weapons and systems in creative ways, sometimes not even bothering to directly control a unit but instead spending all of your time directing the actions of your team from the map, using observer mode to watch from other people's point of view, etc.

Well, the basic controls were all I were really worried about. The rest of the stuff is really just a matter of course for some other tactical games, though "General mode" is a welcome addition.

Still, it's refreshing to kow that I'll only need two hands to directly kill things, just like our ancestors. smile.gif