Looks Good

shadow_comm

This looks very intresting. The only other game i thought about buying is the "sequal" of my old fav rts Total Annhilation, Supreme Commander.

Have great expectations of the game and am wondering about "pacing" or if you're going to get that same sense of controling massive mechanised battles as Total annhilation. Or is it more lower key.

Not sure how to explain it but is it going to be focused or feel like you're controling a section lvl battle as opposed to multiple companys.

Infantry in this game would be pretty cool.
Hi, shadow_comm. Infantry will be very cool; clear your "past 20 days" filter to see past discussions about infantry in DropTeam on this forum. They will definitely be included, but after the initial release.

my old fav rts Total Annhilation
Bastables, TA was truly a classic and many hours of my life disappeared into it! DropTeam is not really that kind of pure "point and click" RTS (there's no resource gathering or unit production here for example) but there's quite a bit of common ground in terms of the "feel" of battles, with lots of mechanized units moving in concert, violent battle across large fields, a good variety of unit types, etc. However, DropTeam is much more of a simulation as opposed to the RTS "mouse click" game that TA was (not to malign TA at all since it was great fun - just pointing out that DropTeam is a bit different).

As to the size of battles, this is roughly company-sized engagements, usually with only a few platoons deployed at any one time (using the high mobility afforded by dropships to deploy and undeploy as needed).