Summer Screenshot Bonanza

Madmatt

Battlefront's Summer Screenshot Bonanza Event

The summer season is in full swing and to celebrate we have put together a little party of sorts. it's the Summer Screenshot Bonanza featuring over 100 new pics from a variety of our new and currently in development games.

We have new screenshots from Strategic Command 2 (currently scheduled for a Q4 2005 release), DropTeam (currently in development), Down in Flames (beta demo coming very soon!) and T-72 Balkans on Fire (shipping in about 1 week).

[...Strategic Command 2 Screenshots...]

[...DropTeam Screenshots...]

[...Down in Flames Screenshots...}

[...T-72 Balkans on Fire Screenshots...]

In addition to the new screenshots (some showing off the new shadow effects and smoke) we have also updated the Units Page with details on three early generation vehicles that you be able to control!

Madmatt

[ June 30, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Game looks great. The H2 description mentions infantry. Are infantry units going to be incorporated into the game?

"H2 Hover Tank - Generation D (Hurricane)

The H2 works on similar principles as the H1 described above. The H2 was evolved for a direct support role, its hover propulsion and heavy armor allowing it to keep pace with front-line troops and bring its high explosive, direct-fire artillery rounds to bear on the enemy. The Hurricane is traditionally used against dug-in infantry or enemy structures and fortifications."

Semper Fi

Are infantry units going to be incorporated into the game?
All of your posts on infantry have made very good points, Major! We agree with you completely. Yes, infantry are definitely going to be a part of DropTeam, but not in the first release. The basic groundwork has already been laid, but they will be added only after version 1.0 has shipped. This is not because we feel they're unimportant; it's because we want to do infantry correctly and with the same high quality that other units have received.

• 2 months later...

Hey, come on you guys. We want infantry!!

It is not a complete tactical game without infantry. Or quite believable, for that matter. They are what is missing in all those vehicle only games. It's like having a war without weapons.

All us realtime wargamers won't be happy you know.....

On another note, I just finished viewing the summer screenshot bonanza for Drop Team. I know the game is far from finished, and I don't want to be critical at this stage, but those vehicles reminded me of some very early screenshots I saw from Steel Beasts. I sincerely hope they are going to be much more detailed, camoed, and generally polished before they become final.

regards

sunray

:confused: :(