resources

terrakota

will this game use some kind of resource gathering? beacause i see some research buildings, etc. will have to gather resources to produce the vehicles? or will be a more like cm series where you buy units before start?

i hope this game dont be like the typical who micromanages better the resources(economics) and creates more units win.

please excuse my english

No, this is not a "resource gathering" RTS game. This is a game of tactical combat. Each team deploys units from their orbital Liveship onto the battlefield below. You fight to achieve the specific objective of the scenario, not to "mine gold" or dig up vespene gas with which to magically create new units out of thin air... ;)

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

No, this is not a "resource gathering" RTS game. This is a game of tactical combat. Each team deploys units from their orbital Liveship onto the battlefield below. You fight to achieve the specific objective of the scenario, not to "mine gold" or dig up vespene gas with which to magically create new units out of thin air... ;)

So, in other words, it's not a revamping of the Battlezone game?

But isn't one building structure said to be linked to repair?

Does that mean a shot-up vehicle can try to high-tail it to the nearest facility to retain its healthy status (like a lot of games do)? Or are the structures simply 'named' and have no real effect on the actual battle, except for maybe as victory flags to capture?

• 3 weeks later...

Vehicles can be repaired in the Mech bays. Repair times depend on damage. Depending on the type of damage, you may not be able to actually make it to the Mech bay.

Your alternative is to choose to destroy your vehicle and lose the points assoicated with an enemy kill.

You can also Extract a damaged unit without losing any points. Keep in mind that you are exposing a Dropship to effect the Extracting. A kill on a Dropship with a vehicle counts for two kills.