messed up texture on iMac G4

marcom

I also have the messed-up texture problem as described in a previous post from "the woodmester". however, the solutions proposed don't work for my iMac G4 : the removing of "Classic RAVE" extension has no effect and the v3.0 of nVidia drivers are only available for PowerMac and not for iMac...

Does anyone have an idea ?

Does anyone know if the v1.01 patch correct this problem ?

Many thanks in advance,

MM

My config : iMac G4 15'' Flat panel under OS 9.2.2 (french localization) - GeForce 2MX 32 Mo card with v2.5 nVidia drivers

Marcom, the 2.5 drivers sucked pretty bad even with CMBO, as I recall. I have a set of the 2.6 drivers that worked okay with the same card you are using. I could e-mail them to you if you like. Be warned that they are a fairly hefty download though and still may not solve all your problems.

Michael

[ December 04, 2002, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Have you tried the Apple site for the right/current drivers?... go here:

click here and do a search for Nvidia. They have the 3.0 drivers there. {I just looked}. I assume you have run software update no?

I am sorry you are having problems. I've got a dualie G4800 w/GeForce3 and no problems. One thing that might help is to disable all ATI extensions if you have a Nvidia card.

[edit: well, it does look like the drivers don't apply to the iMac after all. Sorry ... if I find anything of use, I'll post it]

[ December 07, 2002, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: UXcva ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

When did you get yours, Ales? Mine came with my new card about six weeks ago. And how does it look on yours? Any problems? Any improvements?

Michael

Bought machine two month ago and 3.5 drivers were included (?).

Looks? Blurry sky, downsempled mods, etc.

Problem? No ( only with CM ;) )

Improvements? I never try 3.1 drivers, so......

BTW I got mail from tecumseh and he wrote:

" I have put the screenshots up on the main forum. Your gf4mx looks identical to my gf2mx

in terms of textures and quality. For example you have slightly fuzzy uniforms, compared

to a 32mb Radeon AGP card. "

That is all I can help.

Ales

[ December 08, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]

Have you tried reinstalling CMBB? I suffered a partial install on my new G4 DDM initially and reinstalled by copying the CD onto my HD and ran the install from there. It was alot faster than the CD install and appears to have been more complete. Just a thought.