New Mission!

12Bravo

Hi all,

I've created an advanced training mission for T-72. It's located here: http://doubleveteran.com/militarysims/T72/MovingTargets.zip

From the readMe file:

- Installation: Unzip the MovingTargets.zip file to your "Battlefront" folder. Or simply copy "dv_moving_targets.ca" to the T-72 "CACHE" folder, and copy the "dv_moving_targets" (no extension) file to the DATA/scripts folder.

- Running: Launch the mission from the "User Missions" option on the T-72 main menu. Select "dv_moving_targets.ca" from the CACHE folder to load and run.

- Mission Type: This is an advanced training mission that uses the training map from training mission 2. There are 7 amored vehicles located in the NE quadrant of the map that head down on a SW path to a designated scripting point. Initially, the enemy tanks are setup not to attack you so they can be used for moving target practice. Once they have all arrived at the first scripting point, they will head East (about one kilometer) at a slow to moderate pace. When all target tanks reach the second scripting point, they will pause for several seconds and return to the first scripting point at a faster pace. When the first tank reachs the original scripting point, all tanks will be armed and ordered to fire at will. At the same time, they will attempt to find a defensive position and fire from there. Your tank is a T-72 located at the exteme southern part of the map. Just move north to encounter the targets. You can try various positions to change your attack angle, speed, etc. to get some practice at various attacking postures.

- Issues: The only issue I've found is that sometimes the Leopard I tank will not move out with the others. This is not a big deal since there are still six other amoured vehicles to shoot at! It may be a problem with the scripting, or maybe the Leopard rolled over the hill and can't move.

- Final Thoughts: I created this mission to give myself more practice with the T-72 shooting at moving targets. During mission 9, I found that I was missing the moving convoy vehicles about half the time.....not good ;)

Good luck!!

DoubleVeteran

www.doubleveteran.com

• 2 weeks later...

finaly!

i just got time to play it once. everything worked fine.

the mass of moving targets blobed together; and dust slowed down the system i was playing on. beside that everyting worked fine; except... smile.gif

29.05.2006_02:34:07_shot_2006_05_27_03_56_26_0001.jpg

i found the leo like that while looking for the last target wich didnt came along.

i asume he was speeding into this rough terrain and flipped himself. or he fell down from above...

smile.gif

"Issues: The only issue I've found is that sometimes the Leopard I tank will not move out with the others..."

Your pic explains why! ;)

Yeah, I really designed the mission to be just moving target practice. For more of a challenge, wait until they turn to go back to the starting point. They move twice as fast and will start shooting at you!!

DV

i will try that next time!

but have to scale down the dust quality i think, in order keep the frames ok.

damn i need money to get myself a new PC. than i can look in the editor and play around a bit.

after the few minutes i looked at it so far id say it looks like the "good old" :D operation flashpoint editor but with more options and a bit more complicated. i never got the scripting language of OFP editor and i will fail in T72 too.

but atleast i can do some tank groups and plot some waypoints in short time after i read the tutorials smile.gif