Won't upgrade

EricM

OK I downloaded the patch and followed the instructions in the read me file as well as those posted here for upgrading 1.02 to 1.05. When I shift+drag the new .exe file (the one with the tank) to the old file I do not get a message asking if I wish to overwrite the "combatmission.exe". The game just starts up. I tried the copy and paste commands and nothing. When CM starts up it still says v.1.02. I assume that when the word drag is used, you mean the left mouse button. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience with a user of computers and not one who understands the medium.

Eric McClure

Shift+drag the new exe file into the same folder as the old exe file but do not release it on top of the old exe file (or on top of any other file).

Shift+draging a file on top of another file is a cue to Windows to try to run the file that was dropped 'onto'.

Shift+draging a file into/onto a folder is a cue to Windows to copy the file into the folder.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com