Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM Video Presentation

I've played CM for months with only minor display problems (Movie is condensed to 1" line across the screen and cursor freezes/disappears but brought back with esc and reclicking on the game on the taskbar.)but excellent game play. Recently I had to reset Hardware acceleration to none for ie to access a business site and I reloaded Netscape. The next time I went into CM, I got a screen naming Directx and 800x600 resolution. Since then, the movie plays, cursor presentation is more stable but the text on the senerio discription runs off the right side of the screen and the terrain texture is very coarse. Any actions in the setup or play screens (clicking on a unit or scrolling) is delayed by 15-20 seconds before it takes effect. I'm using a 3D Blaster Banshee PCI/AGP board with current drivers.

CM isn't detecting a resolution higher than 640 x 480 through DirectX. What version of DirectX are you running and which Banshee driver are you running (a 3dfx Reference driver or an OEM driver from Creative) ?

The resolution should only change (to my knowledge) when the CM Prefs file is deleted (or possibly that the desktop is now a lower resolution than what CM was set for).

You'll probably need to reinstall DirectX (7.0a or 8.0a, you may want to stick with 7.0a at the moment since your card has older drivers) and then reinstall your video driver. I have no idea why you're seeing the particular video glitches that you are, it is definitely something on the video driver side (and not CM itself).

I went back and put hardware acceleration to full and copied the pref file from the demo version that I had previously downloaded and renamed it. Now the CM runs fine. I had previously loaded Directx 8.0a but that didn't seem to help without the other changes. I can do without the movie as long as the game is reactive. Thanks for the input.