Mac Explosions ..after mods

Mac DV SE OS 9.0 (ATI Rage 128) running CM 1.03 (for some pbem's)

Yesterday I was playing around w/ installing some mods..after was all said and done, when I played the game again there seems to be something weird about the explosions from artillery in the highly quality mode. The black smoke explosions, at least from the largr explosions are not rounded black puff balls, rather they are more akin to large diffuse black pyramids and have sort of a prism diffracton colors mixed in.

I reloaded the orginal Data file and they are still there. Prior to this there hadn't been a problem or any noticble issue. Smoke and burning AFV's seem fine, same for burning wood/field tiles. So I wonder if something happened to drivers (and what would I do or is it something else

Guest Big Time Software

THe CM update doesn't do anything to your drivers.

Press SHIFT-I once or twice to make sure you've got the "high quality smoke" option turned ON.

If that still doesn't work, try taking a screen shot and posting it here so I can see what the problem looks like.

Charles