e-mail question

I use MS Outlook and some e-mail recipients receive an attached file called winmail.dat. It contains some data related to the e-mail, but why? When I send an e-mail from my work computer to my home computer I never see the attachment. How can I stop this file from attaching to my e-mails? This isn't necessarily related to CM, but it would be if the e-mails were PBEM turns. smile.gif

I'm not sure what that file is. Perhaps there is something about the files being read by a non-HTML capable email client (turns out it's 'non-Microsoft' email clients) that is causing the file to pop up. If that is the case, then you may want to make sure that you don't use anything other than plain text in your emails.

This Microsoft Knowledgebase article has some more info on the 'winmail.dat' file and how to avoid having it sent.

[ August 15, 2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]