Crew!

You know what? with all the graphic enhancers that have played a part since the originals, only one game has really done it for me in a specific way. I had a look at the screen shots to PT Boats, and the effect of having crew being visual is a big turn on! I can only hope that some crew are to be seen in this new installment! Imagine the visual impact to having crew scuttle around the ship as GQ is being called, men posted at their AA stations, crew running back and forth from posts to ready their positions!

This i guess is something that has to be thought about! the time has gone where Naval Giants on our PC's are empty, lifeless creatures of the deep! for god sakes! bring em to life!

CaptCav

I'll admit that something as small as a PT boat would look pretty odd in action with no crewmen visible. By the time you get up to a destroyer, the crewmen are becoming pretty small in comparison to the ship. Cruisers, battleships, and carriers are far too large to try representing men at their battle stations. Besides, most of the crew is closed up anyway. I think the idea was to be behind the armor, not on top of it. The AA gun crews would be about the only men visible. Unless you really zoom in to observe a small fraction of the ship, WW2 ships in action do resemble "empty, lifeless creatures of the deep".

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is a picture from the actual game or not but you should check out this topic. But I agree, even putting crews on the AA guns WOULD bring the game to a whole new level which is what happened with combat mission. It brought WW2 land-based games to a whole new level. It would help give the ships scale and help make people realize just how big those ships really were.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000027

Hope it helps

[ February 19, 2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: BrendonP ]

I take your point on board! but! at the same time, how good would a view from the observation tower be with crew on the decks! or! crew on the bridge and at their stations! take a note out of SH3 books with their staffing on the guns and stations, and the crew chatter that can be heard while at silent running.