Will it run on a Mac?

I love how, 2 years ago, all the Mac aficianados couldn't shut up about how great OS9 was, and when OSX was first released they all dogged it and swore undying allegiance to 9, and now they're all saying "I hate going back to OS9" and "OSX made my wife love me again" and "OSX cures cancer; 9 causes syphillis."

And the Maccies call the Windoze crowd lame!

;)

DjB

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Fate:

Not just a mac, but an OSX mac. Myself, I've quit playing my versions of Combat Mission and never bothered buying CMAK because I loathe having to reboot into 9.

That's one strategy. Myself, I never use OS X; why? because it doesn't run Combat Mission, of course! (besides which I have no intention of buying all new versions of all the other classic software I still use)

My 15-year-old son, who is always updating his computer to the latest version of OS X (i.e., Panther, now the latest version is Tiger [someone should ask Steve Jobs why he names his OS after German tanks]) says I am a dinosaur. But, I like my old OS 9 and it is friendly to CM. I laugh whenever my son spoils his computer with the latest beta OS X and has to reload everything.

He must be having problems if he needs to reload everything every time in updates to the new OS... lol. I don't see the problem with booting back to OS9, and I do it daily. I only stopped using OS9 as my primary OS when for some reason half the programs I had stopped working under 9.

• 4 weeks later...

Mac OS 9 or X, who cares when the problem is to get one of these fabulous strategy games?

Thanx to Battlefront we already have CM, we should be indefinitively graeful for this and I hope there will be many others Mac products.

My dream:

- one naval tactical warfare game (kind of Carriers at War but better if possible)

- one air tactical and ops warfare game (a new Flight Commander ?)

• 1 month later...