Pet Peeves

Coldspike

Mkay, not a real good way to start out posting here but here is a list of my pet peeves about DiF.

1. 96% of the time the first card played by the computer is Half Loop. Why? Not a very rare card if it draws it every time. I'm thinking that the first 'hand' that the computer draws looks something like, Half Loop, Ace Pilot, Vertical Roll, and Out of the Sun 3:3 Burst. It doesn't matter the nationality, the first cards I see played against me are those, which brings me to my next peeve.

2.What does the Draw Deck look like? I'm pretty sure it looks nothing like the real card deck from DiF. In one game there where THREE (3) IMS2:Destroyed in play in the same phase, my leader had two and my wingman had one played against him. Also, is there a play deck that gets cycled through? I'm thinking there isn't because I've had the Golden BB and held on to it for a while and then had to dump it because th super AI had me Tailed and was sing all 8 of his cards to light me up. I dump the BB on turn 4 and on turn 5 its played against me. Multiple cards in one deck, or are all the cards 'shuffled back together'after every turn?

3. What the hell is Other in the mission results page? Two P-40N's (1940) versus two Nates in their first mission after creating them lost to the japs. I find it kinda hard to believe since both Nates were shot down (a surprise to me too, since even with the most 'veteran' pilot with all the bells and whistles purchased is lucky to even flip a computer plane) and the P-40N's were untouched. The computer scored I think it was 6 points each (12 total) in the Other entry while I think the total for my planes was something like 10 points total. I've read through the two PDF files and can't find a listing for how the Other line is scored. Again, call me a purist, but if I splash both of the japs I think I should 'Win' not have a Marginal Loss.

4.Why isn't there a 'sandbox'? I would like to fly Planes, not pilots, against one another. In the Local Custom mission area I set up a battle between the same planes (110C's), the mission pops up and the computer has a host of skills for the Leader and Wingman. Come on, I want to fly planes, not pilots.

5. This has been mentioned else where but I'll include it here, is there any plans to allow the player to be able to select the Nationality of the opponent? In one battle I'm flying against japs, the next huns. Its kind of strange flying American Corsairs against 109's.

Also mentioned in other posts, is there plans for playing campaigns off line? And also using player supplied pilots?

Thanks,

Wes

LOL sorry I could see your frustration in your typing and so know what you mean.

I played a Person on here, 4 games and he got 8 Aces and a crap load of out of the sun cards and it just killed the fun for me so I stopped because I was just padding his stats.

4.Why isn't there a 'sandbox'? I would like to fly Planes, not pilots, against one another. In the Local Custom mission area I set up a battle between the same planes (110C's), the mission pops up and the computer has a host of skills for the Leader and Wingman. Come on, I want to fly planes, not pilots.

When you create a Custom Mission, if you look at the bottom, you will see a Number Called MAXIMUM PILOT VALUE, set that to 0 and the pilot will have no cards.

5. This has been mentioned else where but I'll include it here, is there any plans to allow the player to be able to select the Nationality of the opponent? In one battle I'm flying against japs, the next huns. Its kind of strange flying American Corsairs against 109's.

#5 Agreed

Skaol

Hi skaol! I haven't played against a human, just my laptop and the online A.I.. I'm pretty sure that I won't fly against a human because I'll insist on pilots with no experience for both sides.

This is about me versus the other person and how well we can use the cards that are dealt to us. If the other person has to have the Affirmative Action options (Zoom Climb, Power Dive, Redline, etc.) then that means that they aren't very good.

Thanks for the Welcome!