Noob with no clue

igor

Just purchased DIF with the expansion.

A couple of questions if I may:

- is there no way to play a single player campaign? if so, how?

- is it normal for a new pilot (not much experience) to get maybe 1 maneuver every couple of turns? how can you possibly survive?

- is there a tutorial or something laying around?

I have the Hornet game of the same ilk....no problems. But this one, I just can't seem to figure out what the devil I'm doing.

Any help for an old buccanneer?

Campaigns can definitely be played single player (against the AI). When you go to the web page where you create a new campaign to play, you can choose to play against the AI or another player. I would recommend that you get the hang of playing regular dogfights before you dive into a campaign, though.

About 20% of the deck is Maneuvering cards, so once every couple of turns sounds about right if you are drawing 2 or 3 cards per turn.

I don't know if any tutorials are out there or not. Maybe some of the other guys on the forum will know. If you haven't done so already, I'd read through the posts on the "Tips for newbies" topic.

can i pick the campaign or am i limited to dunkirk (the only one seemingly available)....i know i need to practice up on my dogfighting abilities....BIG time. couldn't shoot down a flying cow at the moment. re the campaign, can you tell me in detail how to go about it?

many thanks.