Questions before ordering

ZarahNeander

can't...stop...playing...

What a gem. So simple yet so deep..

However:

DiF demo complains about not finding a file quite often. It doesn't say which file though (praise MS). Seems like iexplore.exe or a related plugin. I'm worried that I can't register the game once bought.

Whenever I login there are some 3-4 folks hanging around in the lobby. Usually I got tired of squashing the AI pretty fast (albeit it's more the AI squashing me atm). Bluntly is DiF a dying game? I still remember the 'dangerous waters' fiasko & Muphys law dictates that the main server shuts down two days after my copy arrives.

thanks for the feedback...

Pia

Try taking a look in the folder "C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Down in Flames\bin" and see if there are any error log files (they will begin with "ErrorLog_"). If so, attach a copy to an e-mail and send to difadmin@battlefront.com and we'll try to figure out what the problem is.

With regard to how long the DiF server will be around to support playing online, I cannot speak for Battlefront(I'm just the developer). They pay for the server and ultimately it is their decision on when to pull the plug based on business factors.

However, I know that the server currently running DiF is also being used for other applications that support Battlefront's business, which means that the cost of the server doesn't have to be justified solely on how well DiF is doing.

As long as maintaining a DiF server doesn't become a financial drain on the company, there is probably no reason to pull the plug. Again, this is just my opinion and does not necessarily reflect Battlefront's position.

[ October 04, 2006, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: bartbert ]