Just bought the game-What if?

RazorbackJac

What if i uninstall the game later and want to play it and I am "not" hooked to the internet can I still play it against the AI(ie get Aircraft) so I can play it.

I got registered but what a LOAD of crap to get a game to run after you buy it. If I can't play this thing single player when I want I would have never bought it. Sorry for the rant- but its been 4 hours trying to get this to run and it seems you have to have a on line connection to draw aircraft for a single player game.

There are 2 seperate sets of pilots - one for online play, and one for offline play.

If you have pilots set up for off-line then you can certainly play it solo without a connection to the net.

Thanks for your answer Stalin's. So If I understand it correctly. The single missions can be played against the ai but to play the campaigns single player you MUST have a internet

connection.

Thanks for your response. I just wished I had read more about the restriction of only playing the campaigns if you have a internet connection and the company is up and running. I have played online alot with other wargames but I always want the option for single player. I feel I am only getting half a game if I can't get into anytime I want after paying for a dl and cd. Oh well enough(I bought it for the campaigns).

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sapper_astro:

Woah...

I was just about to buy this game. So let me get this straight, In order to play all the singleplayer campaigns, I need to be online? I cannot order the game, have it mailed to me, and just play the thing without being on the internet?

That's correct. You can play single player while not online, but if you want to play the campaign game(s) you must be connected to the internet. All of the information is stored on their server, not on your local drive.

You can play single player missions offline, just not the campaign. It's important to make that distinction, I think.

I think I will give it a miss for now then. I thought originally that it had offline campaigns against the AI and then you could play online if you wished against other people.

With dialup and limited moments to get connected, it wouldn't be worth my while. Damn pity though, it sounds like an interesting game that requires braincells.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by bartbert:

Being able to play campaign games offline is one of the most often requested enhancements, so we'll probably work that in sooner rather than later.

I hope that this is still being worked on as this would be most welcome. Any update on when this might be available and how it would be implemented?