Zipping with Windows XP

Does anyone know how to zip from Windows XP? It was no problem with the free Winzip that came with 98; just a right click and you're there. This doesn't work with XP, does it? I'd like to be able to zip my pbem files as a courtesy to my pbem opponents,but can't seem to find a way to do it. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Kiltie Lad:

Winzip was installed in 98, I believe, so no disc. Is there a zip program bundled into XP? If so, I can't find it. Are there any shareware programs or free zip programs out there? Thanks!

Winzip might have been on your install of 98, but it is not anywhere on the win98 cd. Just download it from the above link and install it.

IIRC, XP is able to unzip files automatically but is not capable of generating the archives. Even if it can generate zip files, WinZip is far more convenient (nice drag & drop interface and integration into context menus).

WWB