Aircraft request

Checkmate King 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I will start with Ki-84 and you can just go straight up the Ki-xxx list.

Also I would like to see some of the Soviet jet planes as before I started looking at how awesome thier planes were I never knew. The BI jet plane never made it operational but I would love to see it modeled. Think it would have been a good counter to the Me-163 and Me 262.

Also love to see the Spit IV. And French Planes and Polish planes and even a few more American ones.

But most of all I want to see the MC 2005!!! Thats Italian for Damn awesome plane, please make me for this game!

I guess if you do another 100 planes we still will want more.

And when you make a modern DIF sim I can think of a hundred more!!!!!!

-Ray

The B1 was a rocket, not a jet smile.gif

There were only so many Soviet planes in the war - I listed them in my VVS thread - a few others like the Pe-3 were produced in a few hundreds, but then phased out.

I'd like to see the Italians, and the Roumanian IAR 81, the Polish PZL's, US P43 and P66 flown by Chinese, a few more marks of Spitfire - IIb with cannon, IX would cover it I think, ut a XII could be in there too - as an unturbocharged XIV.

Six there was no production Mk IV SPitfire!!

I think a modificatoin for clipped wings might be useful - give the a/c 1 extra performance at low and v.low, but -1 at high and v.high?

If you are looking at aircraft, this is what I'd like to see:

USA

P-36A

P-39D/N/Q

P-61B

F6F-3/5

F3F-1

F8F-1

P-47N

A-20B/C/G

B-26

A-26

B-24D/J

TBF-1

SB2C-4

GERMANY

He-112

He-100D

Ta-152

Me-262

Fw-190D

Me-110G

He-219A

Ho-229

Ju-88A

Hs-123

Hs-129B

Do-17Z

Ju-52

Me-110D

BRITIAN

Whirlwind

Defiant

Spitfire Mk.IX

Fulmar

Tempest

Typhoon

Meteor Mk.I

Battle

Roc

Hampden

Halifax

Maryland

Baltimore

JAPAN

Claude

Tony (Ki-100 Radial)

Frank

George

Sam (A7M2)

Tojo

Shinden (Prop and Jet)

Kikka

Rob

Sally

Lily

Ann

Sonia

Val

Peggy

Helen

Topsy

Liz

Mavis

Emily

FRANCE

Morane 406

Hawk 75

Dewoitine 520

Bloch 152

Potez 63-11

Arsenal VG-33/39

Bloch 174

Amiot 154

Leo 451

Potez 631

LN-411

Farman 222

RUSSIA

Yak-3

Yak-9

La-5

La-7

I-153

I-15

I-16

MiG-3

Yak-4

P-39

IL-2

Tu-2

Pe-2

Yak-6

Pe-8

ITALY

Cr-32

Cr-42

Re-2000

Re-2001

Re-2002

Re-2005

Mc-200

Mc-202

Mc-205

Fiat G-50

Fiat G-55

Br-20

Sm-79

Sm-81

Ca-311/313

CANT Z-501

Piaggio P-108b

Well, you asked...... :D

Originally posted by Dan Verssen:

Hmm... I'll see if I can "open" the windows when I re-do the SBD animations.

If anyone has any specific aircraft that they would like to see added, please post them here.

Dan, What about changing the picture of the SBD so it is in sunlight with a nice blue background,( like the Wildcat background) and a nice side view (also like the Wildcat picture), having open windows, showing the rear gunner position, and also showing the perforated metal dive-brakes on the wings (its trademark, in my opinion). :cool:

My reason for this is that the Dauntless made history in the Battle of Midway by helping change the tide in the Pacific in favor of the Allies.

In the current picture of the Dauntless, the blue is too dark. I believe a nice blue sky would help show the details of the airplane better and be more realistic of good attack weather.

[ January 30, 2006, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Checkmate King 2 ]

Oh - you want specifics!! smile.gif

Germany - Fw 190D - major fighter of the late war, much more important than any of the others people have listed - including the 262!!

Britain: Spitfire IX, closely followed by the Typhoon or Tempest (pref both). The IX was THE major british interceptor 1942-44.

USA: F6F Hellcat - a major gap, otherwise I think the Yanks are fairly well covered.

Japan - Ki-84 and Ki-100 have got to be the next ones - they already have too many in their line up that never actually saw production - I understand the A6M8, as it uses the same model as the earlier A6's, but the Randy was a disappointment IMO.

I've been doing research, and it looks like the F4U and F6F are pretty much the same.

Any ideas on what might separate them in terms of performance, firepower, etc.?

I think it depends on the fighter model (first production, last production?!). Performance could be the same, horsepower could be different but firepower should be different.

F4U:

-Maximum speed: 446 mph (717 km/h)

-Service ceiling: 41,500 ft (12,649 m)

-Rate of climb: 3,100 ft/min (945 m/min)

Armament

-6x .50 cal Browning M2 machine guns (F4U-4) or

-4x 20mm Hispano cannon (F4U-4B or C)

F6F:

-Maximum speed: 376 mph (612 km/h)

-Service ceiling: 37,300 ft (11,369 m)

-Rate of climb: 3500 ft/min (1067 m/min)

Armament

- 6x .50 cal Browning M2 machineguns

I'd say the F6F was more "robust" than the F4U and could take a bit more of a pounding, I just think it'd be cool to play a bunch of different aircraft even if they are relatively the same statistically, but I realize it's a PITA and a lot of hard work to you guys. :D

I think htere's sufficient gap betwen the F4F and the F4U to slot the F6 - 5 performance vs 7 leaves 6 spare smile.gif

The F6 would, I think, have the following:

Perf 6

Hp 3

Bursts/Damage 1/0

Airframe 7

Special: None

Wing offence: 2

Wing defence: 2

Not a lot of difference you may think, but quite significant in a game where 1 extra card really does matter!

The F6 was considered "easy meat" by experienced Jap pilots in some of their later a/c, but shuold be much better than the F4 and more than a match for the A6M2 - which I think this would make it.

I've been doing research, and it looks like the F4U and F6F are pretty much the same.

Any ideas on what might separate them in terms of performance, firepower, etc.?

The Navy did not use the Corsair because they thought it was inadequate for carrier ops. So they gave it to the Marines to use. The Marines used it to good advantage in ground support operations and air cover. And they showed the Navy it could be used on carrier ops.

Performance depends on model but believe the Hellcat could take a bit more punishment. This of course is subjective. They both were good planes and the Japanese respected both.

To exclude a plane because a plane that is already in the game performs nearly the same I think is a poor excuse. While I realize that it is more work on your end to code and draw the graphics, for us "historical minded" players that want to see a more historical head to head match up by period, I think it essential that the Corsair be included.

Marine Corps ace Pappy Boyington got the majority of his kills flying Corsairs with VMF-214, the "Black Sheep" squadron.

Lots of planes to drool over! smile.gif

If I were to pick just one per country, for Germany I definitely agree that the 190D should be in here!

US: P36, maybe, but only to replace the P35 currently in the game. P39 would be good as it was also sent lendlease to Russia. So until they bring Russia into the game, it could be used as a substitute Russia.

Brit -- the Spit IX maybe to replace the V currently in the game as it seems more common.

Japanese: I'm not as smart on them, but the Claude & Frank I think were fairly common to justify their inclusion.

• 2 weeks later...